Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lane Departure Warning?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pretty sure this was in the latest release and I went and enabled it on settings, but thus far I can't tell that there is any warning audibly or otherwise. Seems like the notes said it was only on speeds over 35mph..... Anybody getting a lane departure warning of any sort?

Pretty sure this was in the latest release and I went and enabled it on settings, but thus far I can't tell that there is any warning audibly or otherwise. Seems like the notes said it was only on speeds over 35mph..... Anybody getting a lane departure warning of any sort?
I'm sure you know, but don't forget it only warns if the indicator is off.

• Informative
Reactions: singleview
Agree - that it is too subtle to be of much assistance. What might help would be a visual indicator in addition to the rumble - since the dashboard is displaying the lane lines, the line being crossed could be flashed or highlighted to provide reinforcement for the rumble.

Otherwise it just feels like rough pavement...

• Informative
Reactions: singleview
LDW is one of those things that marketing needs on a checklist, and is one of the first things on the checklist to turn off when you get a new car. Any car, not just Tesla. Turn it off even faster if there's an audit beep instead of just a steering wheel rumble. The fact that Tesla's doesn't beep means it stays on longer than average ..before people eventually realize it's a "feature" ..and then turn it off.