Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lasfit Product Reviews

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LasFit was kind enough to send me a cargo area mat to evaluate (this product), so after roughly a week I'm posting my initial impressions.

The mat is a durable TPE material — feels kind of like soft rubber, in a good way — and fits very well. It came rolled up and took about a day to settle down totally flat. My primary criteria for a cargo area mat are that it covers well and cleans up easily; so far so good on this (although I haven't had to thoroughly clean it yet). It has folds in the right spots that make it easy to still access the under-cargo area.

First day out of the box:
IMG_1309.jpeg

After it settled down flat:
IMG_1322.jpeg

Close up of the texture:
IMG_1323.jpeg

Seems very durable and a good fit. Will follow up after some more time to really put it through its paces.

As an aside, it's great to have so many active vendors on the forums soliciting feedback. I see that a lot here.

Lasfit provided me with wheel covers for my model Y

Shipping came in a thick cardboard box and inside contained 4 boxes for each of the covers, each wrapped in foam and bubble wrap. Overall the packaging is impressive!

IMG_6507.jpeg

IMG_6508.jpeg

IMG_6509.jpeg

IMG_6510.jpeg

Each came with a foam strip which needed to be placed around the outside of the rim. There was excess foam strips so no need to worry if you mess up.

Installation was quick. Just pull off the old covers and place the new covers on.

IMG_6512.jpeg

IMG_6514.jpeg

There’s rim lip protection on these covers unlike the stock covers, so that’s a bonus!

no wind noise coming from these covers so far but will provide and update in a few weeks regarding efficiency.

Hi all,

Just adding onto the review for the hub caps!

I always wanted the 21” or 20” wheels because of the black color but was scared of the horror stories of curb rashes and slightly less comfortable ride. The $2k price tag was also a big deterrent. So I got these Lasfit wheel hubcaps to replace my OEM hubcaps and couldn’t be happier. Here’s a quick review for those that are also looking for an upgrade of their 19” wheels.

Design and Build Quality:
These hubcaps look very similar to the Uberturbine wheels which is what I initially wanted but didn’t want to get a MYP. I honestly like these Lastfit hubcaps better cause there are less spokes. The OEM hubcaps are terrible in my opinion and these Lasfit hubcaps really give my white MYLR a sportier and less vanilla look.
Build quality looks top notch. No imperfections anywhere that I can see. I’m glad they used metal clips and metal ring on the back to make sure it stays secure on the wheel and not break during install. The included foam tape was pretty high quality too.

Installation and Fit:
Installing the hubcaps was a breeze and I had no issues snapping them into place. I always have concerns about hubcaps staying in place, especially during highway driving, but they have proven to be incredibly stable with no rattling. I had a set from another brand that popped off the wheel when I hit a big puddle in the past LOL. These Lasfit ones don’t have that issue. The longest part of the install was putting on the foam tape but that really only took me like 10 minutes.
I haven’t had them long enough yet to test durability and possible effect on range. So far, I’ve been getting the same range with these compared to the OEM hubcaps. As long as there isn’t a decrease with the range, I’m happy.

Customer Service and Packaging:
The packaging was excellent. The hubcaps came in a large box but the hubcaps themselves were packaged in 4 individual boxes with bubble wrap, plastic wrap, and then a soft foam wrap. This is the best packaging I’ve seen for a set of hubcaps. The instructions were nicely printed and had correct grammar, unlike some of these other Chinese brands.
Lastfit provides a 1 year hassle free warranty which is awesome. I don’t foresee needing to use the warranty since the hubcaps look so good but it’s nice to have that piece of mind just in case.

Verdict:
Overall, these 19" Wheel Hubcaps for Tesla Model Y from Lasfit are amazing for the price! Their design, build quality, and price make it a must-have if you’re looking to upgrade your OEM hubcaps. I have bought cheapo hubcaps from China and Amazon and they don’t compare at all with these Lasfit ones. I can’t recommend these hubcaps enough!

I also a quick video review as well if anyone wants to check it out.

Attachments

• 20230825_091650.jpg
    20230825_091650.jpg
    677.4 KB · Views: 32
  • 20230825_091524.jpg
    20230825_091524.jpg
    513.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 20230825_091519.jpg
    20230825_091519.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 40
  • 20230825_084423.jpg
    20230825_084423.jpg
    602.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 20230825_084325.jpg
    20230825_084325.jpg
    522 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: LASFIT
The good people over at Lasfit had sent these Kick Panel covers to check out on our New 2023 Model Y

We picked our Y up on 7/12 and since then already have 4200 miles on it! Unfortunately i'm on the bigger side... 6'5" with size 13 feet so the long drives
tend to make the bigger cabins feel smaller as the hours go on.

The box was pretty self explanatory.. 2 covers & instructions and they apply with backmounted velcro.

You can see here already from foot resting i've dug an indent into the carpeting
tempImage9qExiI.jpg

The covers overlay this part of the console carpeting to protect it from debris and indents
tempImagelLzUF9.jpg

The fitment and amount of velcro is spot on.

I'll be doing some more trips this weekend for the holiday and will be posting up more shots on how they will be wearing overtime!

Def would grab a set if you rest your feet... the one pedal driving seems to be a blessing and a curse!

-Mike

I was sent the Kick panel covers and they are awesome, just installed and will be updating periodically to wear and tear!

This is the first ‘mod’ my wife did not roll her eyes at! Did not realize her disdain for loose fries stuck between the sills…

These fit perfectly and look like they belong. I have had them on for a week and they have not budged. The flap fits under the rubber seal so it makes it nice and tight. The pictures may not show much as they really do look factory. Front and back look great. Directions were simple, and they did not have that funky new plastic smell at all. I would not hesitate to buy from Lasfit. I did receive these as a promotion however I would not falsely review, this is something I would have purchased and have the same impression.

B. Ellis

Attachments

• IMG_4624.jpeg
    IMG_4624.jpeg
    310.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_4626.jpeg
    IMG_4626.jpeg
    477.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4627.jpeg
    IMG_4627.jpeg
    461.9 KB · Views: 68
Received the Door Sill protectors and gotta say….impressed! Fit perfectly and look like they belong. This is something I would have purchased for the price. Installed about a week and they are staying in place fine.

Thread 'Lasfit Door Sills (Recommend!)'
Lasfit Door Sills (Recommend!)

Attachments

• IMG_4624.jpeg
    IMG_4624.jpeg
    310.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4626.jpeg
    IMG_4626.jpeg
    477.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4627.jpeg
    IMG_4627.jpeg
    461.9 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: fsb1
LASFIT sent me the side panel kick covers to review.

Here are my initial impressions, as I've just installed them today.

They come folded in the box. I would recommend laying them out and flexing them in the opposite direction of the fold to allow them to be flatter for installation. I left them out for a day to "settle".

As you can see, there are strips of velcro on the back side along the edges and in the middle to secure the panels.
IMG_0513.JPG

I would recommend removing all-weather floor mats before installing these, as you will need to have access to the area where the sidewall meets the floor to align the panel properly.

Another suggestion is to install the passenger side panel first. Since the velcro sticks instantly to the carpeted surface upon contact, it can be a little fiddly to align the top edge, as is suggested in the instructions. Having the accelerator pedal in the way just makes it a slight bit more complicated.

Here is what the side panel looks like as the car comes...

IMG_0514.JPG

I left the floor mat in place for the photo so you can see what I mean about it getting in the way when installing the kick panel.

Here is the panel in place...
IMG_0515.JPG

The fitment is excellent and follows the contour of the side panel precisely. Like I said, it takes a bit of fiddling to get the panel aligned since the velcro sticks aggressively. Patience prevails.

Here's a close up view of the top edge. I think the finish is quite good, and you'd be hard pressed to realize that this is an aftermarket piece in my opinion.

IMG_0517.JPG

I plan to post a follow up in a week or so after I've lived with the kick panels for a while.

However, my initial impression is that they are high quality and precisely fitted to the Model Y. I expect that they will hold up well.

I'd be interested to see what the panels for the door are like, since i find that I will unconsciously push the door open with the edge of my foot sometimes. Certainly my front seat passengers do!

More to come!

Installed the Lasfit provided mudguards for the 2023 Model Y earlier today. Well, partially installed. This review is my own and Lasfit did not have any editorial control prior to my posting. TL;DR: Included trim panel clips are not sufficient for purpose. Cannot recommend.

We live in a very rural area, so are on dirt and gravel roads very often. Any small sprinkle and the lower parts of the doors end up looking like this in like a mile:

IMG_20230903_094512.jpg

So it was always the plan to add mud guards to the Y. Just had not gotten around to it until this test program came up. Received in about 6 business days (told you we live very rural!). Box was in perfect condition, all 4 panels neatly labelled on each bag (and inscribed into the guard itself as to which corner it goes on), a bag with the trim panel clips, and 2 copies of the instructional pamphlet that seemed to be identical to me.

IMG_20230903_095119.jpg

The guards themselves are decently thick polypropylene (included pamphlet says PP and TPE). They come just a touch smoother than the texture of the OEM trim panels, but if you were not inches away from it like I was when installing it, you would never notice.

IMG_20230903_095317.jpg

Pamphlet refers to "rivets", by which they mean the trim panel clips. Use an automotive pry tool or very small flat blade screwdriver to remove the OEM trim clips, two per corner. There are also 2 10mm bolts and retained washers to be removed, one each from behind each of the rear wheel wells. After that, its just a matter of getting each guard's molded in slot clip slipped on behind the OEM wheel surround, push it to the right position, and then....

Fight like heck with the completely and utterly ridiculous excuse for trim panel clips that are provided in the Lasfit kit. They are not the usual pop-in pop out type. They are like wannabe plastic screws, but not strong enough to be used like screws. If you try to lightly tap them in like a real one would do, the screw heads completely break off. If you try to screw them in (using a very short or right angle bit driver to fit between the tire and the wheel well), they do not engage the clip surround at all, even if you hold the surround in place. Give it the slightest bit of force at all and the phillips head bit strips out the screw head immediately. You cannot put the OEM trim panel clips back in, because they are now too short and will not engage through the extra layer. I am literally going to have to go to the auto parts place in town in the morning to buy 8 more trim panel clips.

IMG_20230903_103127.jpg

IMG_20230903_105228.jpg

If it were not for those clips, I could have had the entire job done in less than 10 minutes. Because of the ridiculous included trim panel clips, I fought with them for almost an hour. So the kit in general should be getting an A- grade, but because of the clips I have to give it an F.

Last edited:
Disclaimer: I was able to participate in the LASFIT Giveaway Tesla Tester Program for the Tesla Model Y 2020-2023 Custom Floor Mats TPE Material 1st & 2nd & Cargo, Don't fit 7 Seats I received this product free of charge in exchange for my feedback and review. Opinions expressed in this review are my own and not influenced by LASFIT.

I’ve been researching the many different options for a rubber floor mat. A friend of mine ordered a set that was a “3D” type. While they appeared to be of good quality, the fit wasn’t great by the left foot rest of the driver footwell. It also felt slippery for me, and I’m not sure what kind of grip you’d get if it was wet from the rain or snow. This opportunity came up and I requested the first and second row floor mats. I’ve had it in the vehicle for 6 days now.

Material and Design:
The materials appears to be durable, the rubber is thick and sturdy. The front driver and front passenger mat arrived flat, while the second row mat was folded in half. There was no rubbery smell, and when I laid out the second row mat, it fit in flat, there was no bend or anything from the packaging.

I like the grooves designed into the mat as it would appear that it can hold liquids, dirt, mud, or snow off your shoes and somewhat keep them in place. Compared to other mats that are fairly flat without grooves, I would think water from rain or snow would just spread everywhere during a drive. The material on the LASFIT has a good grip, so I don’t feel like my feet is sliding all over the place.

Fit and Placement:
Every piece fit nicely within each area, it was snug and there was no movement. LASFIT did a good job with measurements and fit on this set.

1693840910360.png1693840955773.png1693841006957.png

The lip on each piece tightly butts up against the surrounding area, so it appears it would do a great job at holding liquids from spills or the rain, or snow and slush.
1693841124454.png1693841156873.png1693841612852.png

You can also see how it fits nicely against the left foot rest on driver side, it was snug.
1693841346102.png

In the second row, it does not block the rear vents, yet there is a lip all around the second row mats as you would expect to hold spills. I also have a rear console storage bin we use for trash and the bin still fits nicely over the lip.

1693841392442.png1693841516880.png1693841565107.png

Impression:
I’ve had the mats for 6 days in the vehicle, and so far so good. We have not had rain (or snow!) so could not test how well it would hold up. But the design appears it will handle rain water or snow or slush just fine. The quality looks and feels sturdy, the fit is tight and is something that would be important to keep the carpet beneath clean. I also like that there are grooves designed into the mat, which I think will hold dirt and liquids in place instead of sloshing all around during a drive. The rear cargo mat appears to have similar design, so I would be curious to see how that fits and functions. While I did not pay for this floor mat set, the price of this seems to be below the average price I’ve seen on Amazon, so I think there is good value here. Overall I am very satisfied with these rubber floor mats and would not have a problem recommending.

Tesla Model 3 2017-2023 Door Sill Protector Matte TPE Front and Rear Door Entry Guard Decoration Scuff Plate Accessories​

Received the following as a promotion and they fit great and installed in less than 10 minutes. The only thing i recommend is having stronger double sided tape for the rear entry guard as it is not strong enough to ahere to the back seat panel. Took the car out for a drive after installation, no rattles or sounds and it definitely protects your door sills from scuffs. I would recommend anyone who is looking to protect your door sills to purchase this as a good alternative for protection.

IMG-8847.jpg
IMG-8848.jpg
IMG-8849.jpg
IMG-8850.jpg
IMG-8847.jpg

I also had the opportunity to try the Lasfit Floor Mats TPE Material 1st & 2nd. Tesla Model Y 2020-2023 Custom Floor Mats TPE Material 1st & 2nd & Cargo, Don't fit 7 Seats

Shipping - shipping and handling was extremely fast! My order was shipped the next business day. All packaging was sturdy, so no concerns for damages during handling.

Unboxing - The floor mats are ready to use as soon as I opened the packaging. Slight crease on the 2nd row floor mats because of the shipment, but that is to be expected as it is a big piece that was folded up. After about a day or so, the crease went away and the mats laid flat on the floor of the car.
IMG_2117.jpeg

IMG_2118.jpeg

IMG_2119.jpeg

Material - It is a very durable TPE material and seems to be high quality, vs some of the cheaper ones shipped directly from overseas. It also looks extremely easy to clean as well. The grooves and ridges in the mats should help keep debris and water/snow on the surface, rather than seeping into the carpet flooring.

Fit - Exactly as described and fits the footwells perfectly. No issues whatsoever.

IMG_2123.jpeg
IMG_2122.jpeg
IMG_2121.jpeg

Overall - I really liked the floor mats and pricing is very comparable to other floor mats out there. It makes it convenient for me during the winter because I'm not worried about the snow or water seeping onto the carpet. Easy to vacuum or spray off from normal daily use.

Reactions: fsb1 and LASFIT
Here is my review of the LASFIT wheel covers and how they compare to the Rimetrix Laminar wheel covers for the Model Y. I’ve been running the Rimetrix Laminars for the past year and just received the LASFIT wheel covers to review.

Disclaimer: LASFIT provided the wheel covers to me for review, but these opinions are my own.

Product Overview:
The wheel covers I reviewed are for the 2020 - 2023 Model Y with 19” Gemini wheels. The color is stated as matte black, but more on that later. The wheel covers come packaged very well in a box with “Made in China” stickers covering multiple sides. Each wheel cover is in it’s own separate box surrounded in 3 layers of different protective wrap. These wheel covers will not be damaged in transport, the amount of protective packaging for each wheel is almost absurd. Inside each wheel cover box you’ll find the foam tape that needs to be installed around the circumference of the wheel cover.

View attachment 966300

For those of you who like weights:
OEM Gemini: 1.12 lbs
Rimetrix: 1.13 lbs
LASFIT: 1.16 lbs

Price:
Rimetrix Laminar: $259
LASFIT: $199

Looks:
Below you’ll see a comparison of the OEM Tesla Gemini, LASTFIT, and Rimetrix Laminar wheel covers (left to right). The LASFIT is definitely more turbine inspired then the straight lined Rimetrix Laminar. I’ve always been a fan of the looks of the Rimetrix Laminars, but the LASFIT are good looking and what you prefer will be more of a personal preference then anything else.

View attachment 966296

The color of the LASFIT’s is stated as matte black. But when comparing them side-by-side, they appear to be more of a dark grey or lighter black compared to the deep black of the Rimetrix. While installed on the car though, they do appear black.

View attachment 966301

Note: Neither the Rimetrix or LASFIT wheel covers come with the Tesla logo on the center caps. These can be purchased from Amazon.

Installation:
Both install and remove similar to the OEM Gemini wheel covers. But, the ease of installation is what really separates the LASFIT from the Rimetrix.

Rimetrix:
The wheel cover is two parts, the wheel cover and a center cap. You install the wheel cover by snapping it on the Gemini wheel. You then install the center cap to lock it all in place. The issue is the center cap is difficult to remove. The instructions Rimetrix give makes it seem like you can use a plastic pry tool, but you can’t. You need to take a small flat head screw driver and pry up the center cap working your way around until it comes loose. This of course leaves gouges in the center cap and wheel cover, no matter how gentle you are.
The other issue is if you ever get a flat, you won’t be able to remove the wheel cover to access the lug nuts unless you have something to pry that center cap off with. This to me has always been a major con of the Rimetrix wheels.

View attachment 966330

LASFIT:
The LASFIT wheel covers are one piece, wheel cover and center cap similar to the OEM Gemini wheel covers. You just snap them on to the Gemini wheels, to remove you just pull and they come off.

Summary:
The Rimetrix Laminars have held up well over the past year. But, based on the price and ease of installation, the LASFIT wheel covers would be my recommendation. The only con I have with the LASFIT’s is the fact that you have to install the foam tape on each wheel cover. The Rimetrix is the same way, I just wish they came preinstalled. The Rimetrix Laminars are one of the original Model Y wheel covers, but the design incorporating a separate center cap is unnecessary and makes the installation and removal difficult. That is a major design issue, along with the higher price, it would be difficult to recommend them over the LASFIT wheel covers.

Added a YouTube comparison between the LASFIT and Rimetrix if anyone’s interested.

Reactions: fsb1
Just wanted to start a quick thread on initial impressions on the kick pad. I was one of the fortunate people that got sent a review kit.
I’ll be updating my post when I get my car back over the weekend with installed pictures.

My Y is very prone to wear by the throttle pedal with the way my SO drives and by the techs at the SC.
With is being fabric, I was worried that it would get to a point that it would permanently damage the fabric and I would have to replace the part.

Initial thoughts….

The package arrived pretty quick and shipped pretty quick after going through the ordering process.

Packages arrived in a pretty small box as the kick pad is rolled up in the box.

Clean packaging. Each individual kick pad (driver and passenger) was in its own plastic bag.

Once unpackaged, I didn’t notice any bad plastic or rubber smells. Usually you get some funky smell, but was glad to smell nothing!

On the inside of the kick pad are strips of Velcro that stick to the pad. Locations of the Velcro was well though and placed to keep the kick pad in its place and not move around.

The feel of the kick pads were like other TPU products, rugged and durable. They are not too thick, but thick enough to provide adequate protection.

Design and texture of the surface of the kick pads would go well with the interior of the vehicle and doesn’t stick out like a sore thumb.

So far, looks good and can’t wait to install them on the car! Again, will update soon!

Tip: after in unpacking, pay the kick pads out on a flat surface outside in the sun and they’ll straighten out pretty quick since they’re not overly thick.

Attachments

• IMG_9291.jpeg
    IMG_9291.jpeg
    477.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_9292.jpeg
    IMG_9292.jpeg
    471.7 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_9293.jpeg
    IMG_9293.jpeg
    474.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_9294.jpeg
    IMG_9294.jpeg