Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Last version 2019.40... anything brewing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I write, we're in the 4th week of 2020. Meanwhile, 2019.40 originated 12 weeks before 2019 ended.

We rarely go 16 weeks without someone knowing something about a newer version coming soon...

I'd expect to see talk of a 2019.52 or a 2020.1 by now.

Anybody else getting fidgety?

I’m sure a new update is coming soon. I’d rather see them taking their time to make sure the next release is solid instead of just pumping out buggy new versions every 3 or 4 weeks with less rigorous internal testing.

Yea I think maybe an announcement at the earnings call would set out some new directions with the software. Since .40 came out I still do not have smooth transition of throttle off when switching to Autopilot. The car will break as I take my foot off while it is trying to speed up the car to the desired speed now. None of the updates to .7 have resolved this. Before I would hit a motorway, as I speed up put on auto pilot and release my foot and it would continue to speed up. Something like the one pedal driving is trying to break still. Tried everything reset etc and its no longer smooth.

I hope they’re still working on new games. !!

They most certainly use a different team for AP / FSD, so whether they work on games or not, it won’t affect their progress in other areas.

The games have mostly been ports done by people who aren't working for Tesla. Tesla didn't write atari games- atari did. Tesla didn't write the Linux atari emulator they're running- Bradford Mott did (well, the original Linux version of Stella anyway)... Tesla didn't write cuphead, MDHR did and then ported to the Tesla (well the first world anyway since there's a lack of storage)

So no real need for a "team" at Tesla- just one dude to add a menu item and some artwork really. I suppose there might be one actual coder who interfaces with the 3rd party developers depending how much info/access they want to directly share or not.

Reactions: MentalNomad
The games have mostly been ports done by people who aren't working for Tesla. Tesla didn't write atari games- atari did. Tesla didn't write the Linux atari emulator they're running- Bradford Mott did (well, the original Linux version of Stella anyway)... Tesla didn't write cuphead, MDHR did and then ported to the Tesla (well the first world anyway since there's a lack of storage)

So no real need for a "team" at Tesla- just one dude to add a menu item and some artwork really. I suppose there might be one actual coder who interfaces with the 3rd party developers depending how much info/access they want to directly share or not.

I remember you mentioning this before.
Definitely further supports my point to the member I was replying to.
Many feel the games are pulling resources for something else they want.
Not the case.
They can do both. :)

Now there's another one in Maryland China. I feel like that's not also a thing.

They are now all over the place, and it makes me happy.
Screenshot_20200124-204215.png

What does it mean "a version was detected"? Does someone have a way to detect the version of a passing car??

Some people run software that lets their car be scanned to report what version is running; the information is pooled at sites that support the software.

The image above is from TeslaFi.com Firmware Tracker

I remember you mentioning this before.
Definitely further supports my point to the member I was replying to.
Many feel the games are pulling resources for something else they want.
Not the case.
They can do both. :)

Moreover, the stuff on the Infotainment system (the display and audio system) runs on completely separate computers/systems from the driving software. You can easily prove this, yourself. Set an autopilot destination with Nav on Autopilot. When approaching a place where you know it will want to change lanes, do a two-finger reboot. You'll find the car drives and does autopilot just fine while the Infotainment system reboots. I've done this to demo it.

(I have it set to vibrate the steering wheel when it wants to change lanes. You won't see or hear any other indicator that you need to use the wheel to give it the ok to change lanes.)