Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to say that this is just killing me!! I've been waiting so long for this car and now these last few days before I get the confirmation email have just been brutal. I'm Sig #731. And I'm in the Bay Area so I'm dying waiting for both my "Finalize" email and the Fremont June 23/24 test drive email. I'm checking my email so often I'm wearing out my phone. Just email already Tesla!!! OK, just had to get that off my chest and now I feel better . . .

Reseration #: S588
Contact date: 7Jun
Est. Delivery date: TBD (delay finalizing agreement due to travel with limited internet)
Optional Comments:
Performance
Sig Red paint/ White interior/ Carbon Fiber including spoiler
Panoramic glass roof
21" silver performance wheels
Rear facing seats
HPWC
Paint Armor
$111,720 before tax, title, registration

BTW as a long time lurker on the forum, thanks to all the active participants for great perspective, insights, news and entertainment during the long wait...

First, GRATS! Second, wow, they started Tuesdays and we've crept all the way into Fridays. Next batch will likely be the Monday after first deliveries then.

Thanks AnOutsider. I was starting to wonder if they were going to skip this week for new configs.
I wonder if the delay was due to implementing the all-online ordering process. Here's an excerpt of the email I just received:

DESIGN YOUR MODEL S
Please log in to your MyTesla Account to select your options. When logged in, please click "Design" under My Garage to access the Configurator and start the process. Once you have decided on your options, hit "Save". Then all you need to do is send us an email or give us a call at 888.771.2505 to get your paperwork finalized.

For all of you that configured in weeks past, was this language included in your "It's Time to Build Your Model S" email or is this new?

Nope, we designed over the phone. I suspect they'll just pull up the config you made to make the process a little easier but will still verify the options and any issues you may face (21" wheel ride quality for example) and any optional things you may want such as financing and trade-in.

ElSupreme, you're probably right. That's what I'd do anyways.

Sig 737 configured and waiting on paperwork (and ETA) - fully loaded:

Performance
Sig Reg
Pano Roof
Spoiler
21" Silver Wheels
Black Seats w/ Piano
Rear Facing Seats
Paint Armor

EDIT: Preliminary Quote & MVPA signed - ETA of September

Last edited:
I regret my ignorance, but please tell me what you meant my "the standby list?"

Tesla has an official "waiting list" for general production reservation holders to put their name on and fill in the cancellations of any Signature reservation holders. AnOutsider is referring to that list as "the standby list" AnOutsider's terminology, my guess, taken from the airline industry.