Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I wait for the test drive (I live in Berkeley), will that put me farther down the list to receive my car, or will I stay in order of my reservation number, not when I turn my paperwork in?

It makes no difference as you are basically just deciding to take your car a little later. You might get it a little faster without a test drive, but that's fine if the test drive is important to your no/go decision. If you think about it Tesla is sending out 100-200 emails per week and as they start to ramp up production they're not going to hold up hundreds of cars and send workers home while they wait on someone's decision. You're not going to get pushed back months, you're just pushing yourself back 30 days or whatever.

BTW. the DC store said they hope to have 4-6 cars during the test drive event, both the Signature model and the Signature Performance model. They said emails to sign up for the test drives will be sent approximately 2 weeks before the event takes place.

Could anyone explain how to go about financing? I see on their site that they go through Bank of America, but are we able to use our own bank for financing? I would assume so, but i've only purchased one car in my life and I just found out I qualify to be under USAA possibly, so I may get great rates from them.

Could anyone explain how to go about financing? I see on their site that they go through Bank of America, but are we able to use our own bank for financing? I would assume so, but i've only purchased one car in my life and I just found out I qualify to be under USAA possibly, so I may get great rates from them.

They ask if you're interested in financing during your config call and say they'll reach out again closer to your delivery date to set it up.

They ask if you're interested in financing during your config call and say they'll reach out again closer to your delivery date to set it up.

And, there's nothing apparent that I can see that'd prevent you from getting a pre-approval from the lender of your choice when you hear from Tesla closer to your delivery date and get the paperwork done to pickup the car. I'm planning on going through my college credit union (Univ of Illinois Employees CU) that offers great rates and service - I can't say the same of BofA in general.

Tesla doesn't care where the money comes from. You can use their in-house financing or you can bring your own (A few weeks prior to your delivery you can call Tesla and based on your credit score they should be able to give you their rate so you can compare it to USAA or whatever bank). In my experience, prior to delivery you'll ask for a total price w/ all taxes, fees, etc. Your bank will cut a cashier's check to Tesla for that amount and give it to you to bring to the delivery. When filling out the DMV paperwork at the delivery Tesla will list your bank as a lienholder on the title. You hand over the check. Drive away smiling!

I informed Tesla several days ago that I would be unavailable the week of June 17. They said they will try to get the email to me the week of June 10, but if they don't, I should not worry as you have 30 days to reply to the email without losing your place in the production line. I'm not concerned, because I want to do the test drive on July 13-15 and a prolonged sitting in the seats of both the regular signature and the performance signature models.