Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just finalized after agonizing over piano black vs. lacewood for an inordinately long period of time....

P7511
Pearl White
21” wheels
Grey leather
Lacewood
60 kWh battery
Tech Package
Sound Studio Package
Active air suspension
Parcel Shelf

Since posting yesterday morning, I am almost set on a configuration.

Here is what I am thinking for mine:

Black, 85 non-performance, pano roof, tech package, 19" wheels, tan leather, sound package, air suspension, parcel shelf, paint armor, dual charger, HPWC and I have searched the forums and haven't found any new posts on this subject.

So, I will ask here and see if anyone can help on the final decision - Matte or Gloss Obeche Wood? ( I am about two hours to the closest Tesla store and don't like making the drive this weekend) I am leaning toward Gloss finish but heard from a Tesla rep the Matte has some great coloring in the sun.

I have the same color combo as you and I went with the gloss. The matte seemed boring to me.

Finalized tonight, my son was so stoked he video'd it! Here she is:

P7006
Blue Metallic
Pano Roof
19" Wheels
Tan Leather
Obeche Wood Matte
85 kWh Battery
Tech Package
Sound Package
Active Air
Parcel Shelf

I'll invite dsm over for a beer every time I need my Performance fix.

I have the same color combo as you and I went with the gloss. The matte seemed boring to me.

This is the exact configuration I was originally contemplating, with the same gloss / non gloss Obeche wood delemma too.

Although today my wife and I drove the brown performance, pano with tan interior and lace wood. It's the test drive unit for our store here now. And that package was absolutely gorgeous too! Some how I think Troy sent that car to our store... just to tease me, because he new how much I wanted to see the brown. (As if I could think I have that much pull with TM - ha!).

Latest finalize dates are getting closer to our number!

Last edited:
This may sound like an stupid question, but what's the difference between a P and R number? This confuses me and I haven't been able to find an answer. I'm a R in the 8,000 range and I figure at current and estimated production rates, I won't have to finalize until next spring.
The "R" production numbers were assigned to family and friends of Roadster owners, and there are only 400+ of them. I think you're confusing this with your "reservation" number. That's a whole different thing.
Sounds like your production number is really something like P#XXXX.