Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got it. 513. I'm thinking performance, red, black with CF interior, pano, 21" silver, no spoiler, and whatever special surprises they want to throw my way. I'm quivering with anticipation.

I'm thinking similar, except I don't know if I want lacewood or CF. Might get an extra pair of 21 inchers in silver (unless someone is looking to sell theirs on here?)

You want send me a check? ;)

I'll send it in pounds then?

So, I'm a little slow.

Seems like S#513 is the latest we know got the time to configure email.

The Tally thread, however, has:

SSL: 244
S: 1136
R: 439

And then there are less than 104 Canadian Sigs.
And then there are UK, Europe, Asia, Australia, etc. Sigs.

This page: http://www.teslamotors.com/en_HK/models/faq says that there will be 500 right-hand drive Sigs. But, the reservations we know about don't come close to that number (adding up UK, Hong Kong, and Australia).

I assume they are completely through all the SSLs getting config emails.
It appears they are at at least S#513, so not quite half-way through that list.

When they get to S#1136, what's next? Canadian Sigs? Then what? Europe Sigs? UK Sigs? Are they going to go through all the Sigs before starting any of the R's, or are they just doing North American Sigs? Is Model S even ready for sale in Canada like it is here in the US?

I'm selfishly asking because I'm R270 and need to do some construction/wiring before getting my next Tesla and so want to have an educated guess at my deadlines.

When they get to S#1136, what's next? Canadian Sigs? Then what? Europe Sigs? UK Sigs? Are they going to go through all the Sigs before starting any of the R's, or are they just doing North American Sigs? Is Model S even ready for sale in Canada like it is here in the US?

Although Doug_G suspects that the < 200 Canadian Sigs will follow the US S#1136, I think it's going to be the following:

US SSL
US S
US R
US P blended with CAN S at some point later this year.

Europe/UK Sigs will start at the end of the year or early 2013.

US SSL
US S
US R
US P blended with CAN S at some point later this year.

Thanks. Then for me there are about 500 Sigs and 250 R's in front of me on the configure email list. I saw someone thought they were doing 200/week, but I think it's more like 150/week right now. At that rate, however, I'll get my configure email in 4 weeks, or June 27/28.

With 28 weeks of deliveries (June 22 through Dec 28) to make at least 5000 cars, that averages 178 cars/week. So, that's about the configuration rate. My guess is that they're taking configures faster than they're building cars, so we can't read much into the configure email rate.

BTW, If we add up SSL and S numbers, we get 1380, but we know there are at most 1000 US Sigs, so the list has a lot of holes (27%).

As for deliveries, I'm at worst car #1270. (1000 Sig plus 269 R's with no holes). Unless they've done some Founder outside of Sig thing we don't yet know about. Let's keep with that in case there are some Founder cars outside the 1000 Sigs.

With 28 weeks of deliveries and a total of 5000 cars, a linear ramp up has 357 cars delivered the last week of the year. For 20K cars/year next year, though, that's 385 cars/week. And clearly, the ramp isn't linear. At 385 cars/week with a linear ramp, that's 5400 cars in 2012, which I bet is about right. But still, the ramp isn't linear.

Let's stick with a slope of 357/28. A bit of algebra has R#270 being delivered on week #14, or Sept 21.

If you believe that, btw, then R#1 is delivered week #13. and P#1 is delivered week #15, or Sept 28.