Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This may not be the correct forum. But does anyone know how financing works? Essentially when I make my reservation in October, I would like a full year of saving up for a huge down payment. Do you think by then they will be so back logged I will have that full year before I finance? I'm hoping so.

Canadian Sig reservation holders have been told (at the Model S event last week in Toronto) that our earliest delivery dates would be near the end of September...3 months earlier for receiving our "time to finalize" emails puts us around mid to late June...

And then there are less than 104 Canadian Sigs.

Not accurate. Number 132 was just reported. Also michiganmodels does not track Canadian "Signature Special" numbers separately. I have SS9, so there are at least 141 reservations. There are 57 Roadster owners, so there could be as many as 189. I'd guess the actual number is somewhere in the 170's.

Redundant at this point - but as S508 - got my email yesterday too. I was traveling all day and did not check until this morning.

Now I need to make the final configuration calls. It is going to be a Sig. Performance - Sig Red/Black Leather/Carbon Fiber. 99% certain I am going to get the Pano roof. No rear seats. Spoiler.

I need to decide between silver and carbon 21" wheels. Has anyone seen the Carbon wheels live? Are they on display in Menlo Park or Santana Row?

Got it. 513. I'm thinking performance, red, black with CF interior, pano, 21" silver, no spoiler, and whatever special surprises they want to throw my way. I'm quivering with anticipation.

Congrats! Could you ask for spoiler separately? I'll pay you to ship it to me :biggrin:! I will put it in my bed to hold me over until my Model S arrives :eek:

I agree with the color being rather dark, as I too would have preferred a gun metal gray over the dark gray color, but the look really good.

IMG_1196.JPG

This may not be the correct forum. But does anyone know how financing works? Essentially when I make my reservation in October, I would like a full year of saving up for a huge down payment. Do you think by then they will be so back logged I will have that full year before I finance? I'm hoping so.

I also tried asking a question about financing but no one on here responded to it. I don't think anyone knows yet or is willing to share that info. I'll most likely be bothering my local Tesla rep to get more details on financing and trade-ins.

As I understand it Tesla does not do financing, their preferred lender id BoA though

They are going pretty fast in terms of production. I may get mine a month ahead of time

I also tried asking a question about financing but no one on here responded to it. I don't think anyone knows yet or is willing to share that info. I'll most likely be bothering my local Tesla rep to get more details on financing and trade-ins.

Yes, those who have gone through the contract process were only asked to give a yes/no answer to whether they needed financing. None of them needed to seemingly but, if yes, they would be contacted 30 days before delivery with financing options.

In all likelihood, Bank of America would be a candidate lender given that they supported Roaster financing:

Roadster Financing Leasing | Own a Tesla | Tesla Motors
Partner Tesla Loans from Bank of America

You'd think they'd be lighter since there shouldn't be much brake dust as the regen will take care of breaking.

My big concern with the smoke colored wheels is curb rash. I went with the silver wheels because when it happens (and for me it is a when, not an if) it should be less noticiable and/or easier to minimize the visual impact.

Stopped by Santana Row at lunch. The Performance wheels are not a great color to match with the Sig. Red. They look great with the Pearl White. I decided to go with the silver. Still no Aero wheels on display. The Banana Leaf stuff has been taken down and there are no samples of the new wood yet.

In any case - it's my time to sign the papers.

Model S Signature Performance
Signature Red Paint
Black Nappa Leather/Alcantara with Red Piping Interior
Carbon Fiber Interior Décor
All Glass Panoramic Roof
21" Silver Wheels with High Performance Tires
No Rear Facing Seats
Add Rear Spoiler
Add Paint Armor
$109,020

Wow - big number - but exciting.