Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Quote Originally Posted by joefee View Post
We are not going to get much until the earnings call (in a few weeks). I think Elon will surprise to the up side with something like " We will produce 6000 cars in 2012 and all Sigs will be built (not delivered) by Sept 28 (the day I expect to get mine!)." This will put the "production issues" to bed.
If Elon were to say that I would expect the stock to hit $40. That would be a great day indeed!
July 25 2pm PT, apparently!

I'd love Elon to say that, but given the tightness of the TM grip on the "slow ramp-up" meme, I doubt he'd risk it.

I think they're working hard to make sure that at least a couple cars are delivered to "real" customers by the end of July, fulfilling Elon's promise.

As others have said, I think the reason for the delay is an attempt to correct as many bugs and glitches reported by founders and test drivers before the real production cars are delivered.

Jason Calacanos just responded to a post on Tesla Motors' facebook page promoting the Portland, Oregon opening. He said about 10 days for 0000001. July 29th-203th?

Improve Your Experience | Facebook

Thanks for the link, but it is not clear how credible Jason McCabe Calacanis is. He appears to be a blogger, a dot com businessman, and according to Wikipedia "involved in a 2010 Internet hoax involving his Twitter postings regarding the introduction of the Apple iPad".

Larry

Jason was an early buyer and supporter of the Roadster and he's featured in the movie "Revenge of the Electric Car". He's the guy, (I believe it was during the Model S pre-production roll-out), who talked up Elon Musk's achievements, contrasting with the claims of his detractors.

Calacanis:
“People said he’d never get the rocket in space, he did that. People said the Roadster would never get delivered, he did that. People said he’d never get a hundred of them done, he’s got two hundred done. As an entrepreneur, you can’t listen to the noise. And you certainly can’t listen to the losers who have never accomplished anything with their life who are obsessing about you. Please.”

You can bet that when he tweets that he has his car, SSL #1, that Tesla has finally delivered a car to a real customer.

Not sure if it has been posted before but, for those who are still waiting, this is what the ordering page and flow look like now:

This is courtesy P 200 who posted this on a thread on the official forums; he also indicated that he would apparently get it in November even if he were to switch to a 60 kWh pack:

Twitter / rsunku: Its time to build my Tesla ...

Ravindra_ModelS_P200 | JULY 19, 2012
Both 60 kwh and 85kwh for P200 - Show a November Delivery

tesorder.jpg

Jason was an early buyer and supporter of the Roadster and he's featured in the movie "Revenge of the Electric Car". He's the guy, (I believe it was during the Model S pre-production roll-out), who talked up Elon Musk's achievements, contrasting with the claims of his detractors.

Calacanis:

You can bet that when he tweets that he has his car, SSL #1, that Tesla has finally delivered a car to a real customer.

Hi Mycroft.

Thanks. Now that you've jogged my memory, I do recall the quote defending Elon. I just hadn't connected a name to it. :redface:

Larry