Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two things I realized last night:
  1. There will be some attrition rate out of the P sequence, because of upgrades to S and dropped reservations
  2. Some early Ps will be delayed until 2013 because of choice of color, interior, battery, or suspension.
So, I'm feeling better about a December delivery date for my P1635.

Two things I realized last night:
  1. There will be some attrition rate out of the P sequence, because of upgrades to S and dropped reservations
  2. Some early Ps will be delayed until 2013 because of choice of color, interior, battery, or suspension.
So, I'm feeling better about a December delivery date for my P1635.

@ Robert, if I am reading too much into this I apologize; a poster on the TM site has posted the grey leather interior won't be available until 2013 although Tesla states the grey leather interior enters production in November. So I tend to believe Tesla can get the grey leather installed in the car and delivered in 2012. I am not aware of any other interior option being delayed. Can you expand on what interior options will be delayed. I ask because the grey interior is the color I would prefer and thou I am behind you in the production # thou not by much, I too would like a 2012 delivery. Thanks

@ Robert, if I am reading too much into this I apologize; a poster on the TM site has posted the grey leather interior won't be available until 2013 although Tesla states the grey leather interior enters production in November. So I tend to believe Tesla can get the grey leather installed in the car and delivered in 2012. I am not aware of any other interior option being delayed. Can you expand on what interior options will be delayed. I ask because the grey interior is the color I would prefer and thou I am behind you in the production # thou not by much, I too would like a 2012 delivery. Thanks
It was just the gray leather -- probably not a big delay-inducer, but it might nudge a few cars with lower P# to a slot above mine. Not that I'm being greedy or anything....

@brianman - I agree that the phrasing is not real specific. My reasoning was that they couldn't be making cars for international fleet sales if they're also building cars for homologation.

"Homologation testing" probably includes Canadian testing. If they have not even started that testing, I think it is looking doubtful for Canadian Model S deliveries (even Signature) this year. With the Roadster, Tesla was over-optimitistc by almost 6 months on the pace of the Transport Canada process. Similarly, EU deliveries may be pushed into spring or summer.

If it were not for the Signature Red, and my wife's total love of it, we would probably downgrade to P and save ourselves a bunch of money. Canadian Signatures are not looking like that great a value.

"Homologation testing" probably includes Canadian testing. If they have not even started that testing, I think it is looking doubtful for Canadian Model S deliveries (even Signature) this year. With the Roadster, Tesla was over-optimitistc by almost 6 months on the pace of the Transport Canada process. Similarly, EU deliveries may be pushed into spring or summer.

If it were not for the Signature Red, and my wife's total love of it, we would probably downgrade to P and save ourselves a bunch of money. Canadian Signatures are not looking like that great a value.

My understanding is they don't have to do any additional testing whatsoever. All the test data they need was already collected during the crash testing for USA. The big difference is the paperwork, which is entirely different. The process should take about three months, and is presumably already underway...

I'm Sig Special #162. I got the email to configure more than 3 months ago, but just finally locked it in today. (I got an email last week saying all Sig orders had to be finalized by tomorrow. I've been waiting to learn as much as I can about Supercharging and CHAdeMO adapters, so I'll know if, when, and where I can charge the thing. I already have two EVs that can't use DCQC, didn't need a third. Still very frustrated by Tesla's refusal to tell us basic information like this. Don't see how it benefits them at all).

This will be my wife's car, so no perf option (full acceleration in the Roadster gives her a headache).
Sig red, pano roof, black leather, matte obeche, 21" wheels (hoping, perhaps foolishly, to sell/trade them for aero wheels someday soon; or have two sets for summer/winter).

Supposedly will be delivered in October.