Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, Still figuring things out on this site. I am P9656 , thus next year for me. I just sent a post, but I guess i did it wrong, thus if it pops up twice... sorry. You guys rock and have great information!

Welcome to TMC. All your first few posts are automatically "in moderation" which means they are reviewed before they appear, if moderators are sleeping that occasionally causes a time-lag between you posting and it appearing. This helps us weed out spam and trolls.

I think it will be awhile until the next "time to finalize" emails go out. If they are producing only 200 hundred cars a week ( as indicted by Tesla), I do not see a need. Accordingly, Tesla plans to reach 400 cars a week in the next two weeks or at latest by the end of November (after they finish all the Sigs). Simple math makes 1600 P Model S cars delivered in December. With P 7702 already "finalized". I see the next batch being sent out sometime in December but not November.

George B posted that Canadian P's would be contacted the end of this month to begin finalizing. So there is at least a small batch expected late this month.

I think it will be awhile until the next "time to finalize" emails go out. If they are producing only 200 hundred cars a week ( as indicted by Tesla), I do not see a need. Accordingly, Tesla plans to reach 400 cars a week in the next two weeks or at latest by the end of November (after they finish all the Sigs). Simple math makes 1600 P Model S cars delivered in December. With P 7702 already "finalized". I see the next batch being sent out sometime in December but not November.

George B posted that Canadian P's would be contacted the end of this month to begin finalizing. So there is at least a small batch expected late this month.

The Canadian P# is a interesting situation. Why? I have not figured out the sequence of delivery regarding US, Cananda, and Europe. Placing Europe deliveries aside for the moment, would it not be logical to delivery the US and Canadian P#s in order regarding their timing the reservations were made? For example, if Canadian P 10 was ordered after US P 1110, the Canadian Model S would be delivered before US P 1111. Granted I am not allowing for variation on configuring the Model S cars, but does my thought train follow any sense of "fairness" to our neighbors to the North?

Just a thought, but somebody may have a better understanding then me.

The Canadian P# is a interesting situation. Why? I have not figured out the sequence of delivery regarding US, Cananda, and Europe. Placing Europe deliveries aside for the moment, would it not be logical to delivery the US and Canadian P#s in order regarding their timing the reservations were made? For example, if Canadian P 10 was ordered after US P 1110, the Canadian Model S would be delivered before US P 1111. Granted I am not allowing for variation on configuring the Model S cars, but does my thought train follow any sense of "fairness" to our neighbors to the North?

Tesla has more information than we do, i.e. the date each reservation was made. They might try to keep them in order...

Sounds fair to me. It'd sure be nice to get my car before the thousands of US P's who have already finalized! My reservation date equates me to somewhere around P1100... :)

Last edited:
Sounds fair to me. It'd sure be nice to get my car before the thousands of US P's who have already finalized!

I agree, and I hope it happens, but I'm skeptical. But I there was initially a rumor (from Tesla employees) that it MIGHT be possible for Tesla to make some Cdn Sigs before the end of US Sigs (which would be fair, if possible, since some of us have been waiting for over 3.5 years, compared to maybe 6 months for the late US Sigs), but it seems like that won't happen at this point (not that I was ever holding my breath). At the same time, if Cdn P's go in according to when they reserved, it would absolutely nullify the timing perk for Cdn Sigs, since our run will take one week. It's a lose-lose for Canadians. I'd actually prefer it if Cdn P's got theirs sooner than later, and have Tesla then compensate us Sigs for the lost benefit/value of early delivery.

But in the end, I just really want my car ASAP and end the waiting drama.

I'd actually prefer it if Cdn P's got theirs sooner than later, and have Tesla then compensate us Sigs for the lost benefit/value of early delivery.

I do expect that the Canadian R's will follow the Canadian Sigs in fairly short order. Don't get me wrong, I think that's great! It's just that I'm looking really goofy for upgrading from R9 to SSL9!!!

Up to this point Tesla has not addressed concerns about the value of Signature reservations. Now maybe they still have some surprises in store, but as time passes and most of the cars are delivered that's looking less and less likely. There's already a thread for that so I won't belabour it here.

But in the end, I just really want my car ASAP and end the waiting drama.

Having the car in the driveway will certainly make me much happier. It's a good thing the Signature badging looks subtle because I don't really want people to ask me about it...

I am US P1117 and reserved my car in early August of 2009. Just curious as to when Canadian P reservations began. Mnx, when did you reserve you car and what is your reservation #?

Reservations were accepted from anywhere in the world from day 1. We were just given separate queues as they were in Europe as well. I reserved at the beginning of August 2009 as well (I found a post of yours saying the same that is how I knew my date was roughly equivalent to P1100.)

And I had sent in the reservation form within 10 minutes of it opening up online, but my wire transfer only got in a couple of days later (off the top of my head, I think it was late March 2009). I was originally P4, but later on we had a chance to upgrade to Signature, and I became regular Sig 1 (I assume the other early ones were Roadster owners or didn't upgrade). I kept my Sig spot in the end since I figured I spent enough time waiting already ;) It's been a good ride, but a bit bumpy this last year. Managing expectations for a few thousand people is difficult for any new company.