Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(Now you are sounding like one John P.)

On the surface, yes, there could have been 353 cancellations gross, but not net. Some of those cancellations could have become Model X Sigs, and some Model S Production.

Notwithstanding the cancellations, having the Sigs fully subscribed shows the robust demand that there is for the Model S.

It actually may be more, because we have to include around 200 SSLs. However, the US got some of the Sigs slotted for Canada (maybe about 50), so maybe plus net 150 for a total of around 500 original Sigs that bowed out for one reason or another.

Wow, that must have been a cancellation due to the delivery delays.

Unlikely that someone cancelled after all this time because they had to wait a couple of weeks more. It could have be for any number of reasons from a change to circumstances to dissatisfaction with some detail.

- - - Updated - - -

However, the US got some of the Sigs slotted for Canada (maybe about 50)...

This was debunked a couple of weeks back. The Canadians sold out.

Wow, that must have been a cancellation due to the delivery delays. Also, it looks like 353 Sigs have cancelled over the years (since there are only 1000 of them). Crazy!

I have heard about buyers that may have ordered more than 1 Signature thinking that they could make money on the first one to help fund the second one. They may not have been able to sell it at enough of a mark up and wanted to avoid having a 2nd one on hand.

Maybe an emergency and someone suddenly decided they needed to hang on to their remaining cash. Any number of things could have happened. I doubt its the delays. They are not significant enough.

I didn't see that. If my memory serves, they sold out of the modified Canadian Sig number, but it wasn't 200 of them, more like a revised 150 or possibly 170. There are almost definitely over 1000 US Sigs because they took some overage from Canada.

They were sold out back in late September. See here: Unsubstantiated-Rumor-More-than-1-000-U-S-Signatures

Just to put this one to bed for once and for all. Tesla confirmed to me that the Canadian Signatures are indeed sold out.

And here: Canadian-Sigs-sold-out

They were sold out back in late September. See here: Unsubstantiated-Rumor-More-than-1-000-U-S-Signatures

And here: Canadian-Sigs-sold-out

Nigel, not trying to be argumentative and we can agree to disagree, but I don't see anywhere that it says/confirms 200 Canadian Sigs. Canadian Sigs selling out in September could mean on a revised (smaller) allotment, especially if Tesla, to ensure selling out the 1200 North American Sigs, reallocated some of the Sigs designated for Canada to the US prior to September, which was my understanding of what happened.

I didn't see that. If my memory serves, they sold out of the modified Canadian Sig number, but it wasn't 200 of them, more like a revised 150 or possibly 170. There are almost definitely over 1000 US Sigs because they took some overage from Canada.

You're wrong. A friend of mine has SSL 23, and you can find S167 on World Map of Model S Reservation Holders. That's 190 right there. I wouldn't expect to be able to account for exactly 200 reservations, but that's darn close!

A little late on this, but just joined TMC (and apparently need to get to 5 posts to customize my profile).

P6595, received my finalize email on 10/3. Finalized on 10/3. Received counter-signed MVPA on 10/3. It's goes pretty quick when you know what you want. :)

My config:

P85, Blue/Tan/Obeche Gloss, body color roof, silver 21" wheels, tech and sound packages. California tags "PUR AMPS" sitting at my local DMV office waiting for a VIN to be released...

Still having some buyer's remorse over twin chargers and may add those to the config soon. I know I'll hardly ever actually use them given my current commute, but I know there may be a few times I could use them, and I'll regret not getting them.

They definitely come in batches. I was in the last batch that was sent out the first week of October after a long pause. That batch was pretty large and covered P58xx-P77xx based on posts in this thread.

They may have been waiting for the September quarter to close before requesting finalization, as it could result in some cancellations or deferrals, which they may report in their quarterly results. Or they may just be settling into a monthly rhythm, since the last batch had until 10/31 to finalize to lock in the Feb-Mar delivery window.

I expect the next batch will be coming up as early as November 1, or maybe they will defer until after the Nov 5th earnings call.

Last edited:
I finally finished configuring on Sunday and signed my MVPA yesterday. Tesla is projecting Feb-Mar delivery (P7065)

Here is the final config: Non-Perf 85 kWh, Black, Tan Leather, Gloss Obeche, Pano, 19" wheels, Tech, Sound, Air Susp, Rear Seats, Paint Armor, Dual Charger, HPWC, (maybe it would have been easier to say everything but the kitchen sink and 21" wheels). Delivery will be to NJ