Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After driving our Sig for two weeks, we decided that we do indeed need one for each of us. I finalized my Pearl White 60KwH today to go with our Sig Red beauty. I had production reservation #2790 and got the Finalize email in August, but it seemed prudent to wait until we lived with the Sig to see if we wanted two. Now the waiting begins again, but we can take turns with the Sig until it comes . . .

Actually, we knew we wanted two after the first week, but it took me another week to decide on the color!

After driving our Sig for two weeks, we decided that we do indeed need one for each of us. I finalized my Pearl White 60KwH today to go with our Sig Red beauty. I had production reservation #2790 and got the Finalize email in August, but it seemed prudent to wait until we lived with the Sig to see if we wanted two. Now the waiting begins again, but we can take turns with the Sig until it comes . . .

Actually, we knew we wanted two after the first week, but it took me another week to decide on the color!
Congratulations StephRob. Remarkable.

Got my finalize e-mail for #8061! :-D Of course, while I'm out of town.... ;-) Okay, time to make hard decisions--mainly color. And whether to get the HPWC, dual chargers, etc. Sigh. ;-)

Okay, finalized! Estimate is Feb.-March. Heh. ;-) I went with 85, pano roof, brown paint, standard wheels and textile/piano interior, active air, HPWC, dual chargers (Roadster owners: I know, I know...don't hate me), and . . . my better half convinced me to get the tech package (which I'd been leaning against but recently rethinking)! :)

Rock on, folks!

dual chargers (Roadster owners: I know, I know...don't hate me)

On the contrary, as a Roadster owner I highly recommend it. I won't be using that power level in my garage normally, but on the road it's absolutely necessary to pump in electrons as fast as possible. Right now there are 70A stations I can access, but no superchargers. Even when superchargers are rolled out here there won't be very many of them, and I'll still need AC charging on the road when I'm not traveling near them.

On the contrary, as a Roadster owner I highly recommend it. I won't be using that power level in my garage normally, but on the road it's absolutely necessary to pump in electrons as fast as possible. Right now there are 70A stations I can access, but no superchargers. Even when superchargers are rolled out here there won't be very many of them, and I'll still need AC charging on the road when I'm not traveling near them.

This might be a silly question , but silly me does not know the answer - does getting the dual charger (vs the already on-board single charger) affect the charging rate when using the supercharger station? (Lets assume 85kw battery which includes the supercharger hardware). I know it allows you to charge faster at home when using the HPWC, but wasn't sure if it had any affect with the superchargers.

This might be a silly question , but silly me does not know the answer - does getting the dual charger (vs the already on-board single charger) affect the charging rate when using the supercharger station? (Lets assume 85kw battery which includes the supercharger hardware). I know it allows you to charge faster at home when using the HPWC, but wasn't sure if it had any affect with the superchargers.

None since the SC bypasses in car charger (it's direct DC charging).