Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
None since the SC bypasses in car charger (it's direct DC charging).

Ah that makes more sense to me now - thanks! Is there any reason at all to get the dual charger but not get the HPWC? It seems from the web site that they both require each other and it didn't make any sense to me on why they were available as separate items rather than just only offering the package. Is it even possible to use the dual chargers without the HPWC and similarly would there be any point in getting the HPWC but not the dual chargers?

There are some 70A J1772 public chargers installed (mostly in California, but Canada should have a large network coming online soon), but not a lot. If you think you might be road tripping without SuperCharger access, but with access to some of these public chargers, then get it.

If you don' think you'll need the fast recharge capability at home, save the money and just have a NEMA 14-50 (40 amp) circuit installed in your garage.

Ah that makes more sense to me now - thanks! Is there any reason at all to get the dual charger but not get the HPWC? It seems from the web site that they both require each other and it didn't make any sense to me on why they were available as separate items rather than just only offering the package. Is it even possible to use the dual chargers without the HPWC and similarly would there be any point in getting the HPWC but not the dual chargers?

I have configured the dual chargers but not HPWC. I wanted maximum charging flexibility, and as mcornwell said there are 70A chargers around CA and I am lucky enough to live here in the bay area. If I lived anywhere else I don't think it would have made sense unless I planned to be very proactive about getting 70A+ chargers installed at hotels and businesses in areas that will not be soon covered by Tesla Superchargers.

If you have a trip you make each week where a quick charge would help or a friend's house along a route where 80A would be useful then it might. Other than that, finding 80A public charge points are very tough outside certain states.

Out here on the east coast, there are extremely few charge points that can use the twin chargers. Perhaps that will change over time, but if that happens, it appears certain that the second on-board charger can be added later.

My guess is that it will be more expensive to add them later. At the very least there will be an installation charge (unless anyone has heard otherwise).

The highest number posted of the latest batch of "finalize your order" emails that I can find here is P 8,403. Do these go out all at once or in waves of several hundred? Someone posted that they go out in waves of 500. I'm just trying, with great impatience, to find out the odds of getting my MVPA in the current batch. I'm P 8,781. What do you think?

The highest number posted of the latest batch of "finalize your order" emails that I can find here is P 8,403. Do these go out all at once or in waves of several hundred? Someone posted that they go out in waves of 500. I'm just trying, with great impatience, to find out the odds of getting my MVPA in the current batch. I'm P 8,781. What do you think?

The go out in waves. The last batch was at least 1000, maybe 1500.

Yeah, I'm P8501 on our second S and have not received the email yet. Guessing that they are near the limit for the "Feb-Mar" delivery window, which was the same as the previous batches. Wouldn't be surprised if the range for the next batch would be Mar-Apr.

We're getting the 40KW pack on this one, so I'm speculating our delivery would be on the tail end of that estimate.

For those of you 8500+ who haven't gotten your emails, your delivery window will probably be March/April. I'm P8189 and my window would be Feb/March, but I'm probably going to slip outside of that window because I'd like to actually test drive it before I make the final commitment (can't td until late December--the Get Amped didn't come around here and my nearest td option is 200 miles away, but that's another story). So at any rate Tesla tells me that if I hold off until then to finalize that my new window would be March/April--probably alongside those receiving the next round of emails. Personally, as much as I want the car, getting it after winter is over won't be such a bad thing--especially if I opt for the Performance version!

For those of you 8500+ who haven't gotten your emails, your delivery window will probably be March/April. I'm P8189 and my window would be Feb/March, but I'm probably going to slip outside of that window because I'd like to actually test drive it before I make the final commitment (can't td until late December--the Get Amped didn't come around here and my nearest td option is 200 miles away, but that's another story). So at any rate Tesla tells me that if I hold off until then to finalize that my new window would be March/April--probably alongside those receiving the next round of emails. Personally, as much as I want the car, getting it after winter is over won't be such a bad thing--especially if I opt for the Performance version!

I agree that a test drive is the way to go. My closest one was 600 miles away.

Just got my "finalize" e-mail today as well (#8953) - six months to the day from my original reservation (not that I've been counting or anything...). :)

It's interesting the time from reservation to delivery. It looks like the people with the earliest reservations had by far the longest time, it then decreased every month with, I believe, October being the shortest time from reservation to delivery. Starting in November, unless Tesla expands production beyond 20,000, the time will grow because we are exceeding a 20,000 run rate on reservations right now.

You had 6 months from reservation to finalizing order e-mail. I ordered mine 13,064 3 weeks ago and I bet my e-mail will arrive in about 2.5 months so only a little over 3 month wait between reservation to order. Wow, we're already in the 9000's.