Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My finalize button is active (#12,198). I just e-mailed Tesla to ask if changing from blue to red will lead to a delay. Does anyone know? The last I saw, Tesla will start producing the standard red in March or April, which would be about when my car is built.

I do believe most people in that range are receiving a Feb/Mar estimate, but an Apr/May estimate if they choose red. Remember, they may start red in March, but there are a lot of red's in front of you.

What makes Red so special that it causes a delay?

Signature red was a special colour for the Signature series. They wanted the exclusive red to be the only red for a while. Also they are set up to do only a limited number of colours (much as it would be nice to have a selection of hundreds), and they are still producing Signatures for other countries.

Hawaii rebate ran out a year ago. waaaay before I got my car... $5,000 lost... seems unfair.

At least you knew it was not going to happen for you, since it ran out before Model S production started. Still sucks though...

In my case, I had hoped I would make it, having a low 3,000 number. However, even some people with numbers above 12,000 are getting their cars this month and they'll likely snatch the last remaining rebates before I could get mine. :mad:

In case it helps anyone regarding the delay for getting red, someone from Tesla called me last night (in reply to my e-mail, which I thought was nice of them). They said that, for my reservation 12,198, I would get the car in March or April with other colors, or June-July for red. So, a 3-month delay.

Estimated finalize and delivery dates for P14,480?

Very nice to see P #'s in the 12,xxx range finalizing! I'm P14,480 and would love to hear estimates from more consummate members of this forum as to when I might expect the finalize button and subsequent delivery. Green performance 85, tech, sound, 21" wheels, still deciding on interior. When I reserved, I thought I would have to be patient until late summer '13. I'm now hopeful that I may be able to finalize in January and might take delivery in spring... I can not imagine how those of you that reserved at the beginning were able to deal with the anticipation for so long. It killing me already! Thoughts?

Very nice to see P #'s in the 12,xxx range finalizing! I'm P14,480 and would love to hear estimates from more consummate members of this forum as to when I might expect the finalize button and subsequent delivery.
They're reportedly building 400 per week now, so you're at most five weeks after me (possibly less, since there will likely be some cancellations). Since they told me I'd get my car in March or April (#12,198), that would put you in April or May...June at the outside.

They're reportedly building 400 per week now, so you're at most five weeks after me (possibly less, since there will likely be some cancellations). Since they told me I'd get my car in March or April (#12,198), that would put you in April or May...June at the outside.

Actually, that is not an assumption you should make. Tesla has contacted a lot of people getting the 85kWh pack, and at some point they`ll have to start making the 60 and 45kWh cars.

Their current strategy can make it look as if P14,xxx reservation holders will just be a few weeks after P12,198, but that`s not the case since you are getting your P12,198 way out of order.

Actually, that is not an assumption you should make. Tesla has contacted a lot of people getting the 85kWh pack, and at some point they`ll have to start making the 60 and 45kWh cars.

Their current strategy can make it look as if P14,xxx reservation holders will just be a few weeks after P12,198, but that`s not the case since you are getting your P12,198 way out of order.

Sounds correct. Do we know what the backlog of 60's and 45's is? Perhaps they are included in the 400-500/week?

Aren't 60's starting production in Jan? Wouldnt they already be accounted for when Tesla gives a march delivery to a 85kw reservation?