Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's Tesla's official response to AZ folks who want test drives. Sorry, but my life doesn't just allow me to drive 12 hours round trip for a 20 min test drive. I'm sure I'll want the car more after driving it. But still I don't spend 80K without trying it out first.

Actually, I just noticed this on Tesla's site: Model S Test Drive | Tesla Motors

I'm not sure how long its been there. But it's either wrong or something's changed. It states that Test drives are available from ANY Tesla store.

Wow, it's almost like the queue is a big rubber column that's been given a whack on one end and the reverb waves are running up and down, with secondary interference nodes! I expect it will be some time (weeks? months?) before TM can damp the vibrations down. The price increase was always going to cause scrambling and attempts to squeeze and fiddle this and that, but the combination with TM's delivery push at Y/E is a recipe for confusion and conflict, though hopefully not disaster. I don't envy the production planners!

I wasn't aware that any finalize notifications went out today or the last 2 weeks for that matter. Im 12,848 and haven't received mine, what's your reservation #?

Yeah I'm 12,591 which is why I asked the same thing - I think I may be the lowest reported reservation number without a finalize mail currently.

Given his "finalize or higher price" date I have to assume that mail has been sitting in swagman's mail box for a few days before he noticed it.

I know I am asking a black-magic-voodoo question, but I am P16301 and and wondering when I could/should expect my finalize email/button. From my reservation email, it says:

This price increase will not apply to anyone who has or makes a reservation by end of day on December 31, 2012... as long as they finalize their order within four weeks after receiving their "Invitation to Configure" when the time comes to build their Model S.

I'm actually hoping to wait a month or so before my 4-week clock starts ticking...

P17831. Received finalize email last night, stating I have to Jan. 23 to avoid price increase. I reserved the car on 12/31/12 at approximately 10:35 pm. The finalize email was sent on 1/2/13 at 7:35 pm.

Last edited:
P17831. Received finalize email last night, stating I have to Jan. 23 to avoid price increase. I reserved the car on 12/31/12 at approximately 10:35 pm. The finalize email was sent on 1/2/13 at 7:35 pm.

That's VERY strange. No one else above the mid 12,000's has received a finalize yet. I have 13,064 with no finalize and 17,649 that I reserved 12/31/12 5 hours before you and no finalize.

At 17,831 your car probably won't be ready until June/July asking you to finalize 6-7 months in advance is odd.

What? How did you jump the line? Is the design in your "garage" a 60kWh?

There are several 12XXX reservation holders that haven't received a finalize email or button, e.g.:

Yeah I'm 12,591 which is why I asked the same thing - I think I may be the lowest reported reservation number without a finalize mail currently.
Given his "finalize or higher price" date I have to assume that mail has been sitting in swagman's mail box for a few days before he noticed it.

You think so? Is it because its easier to deliver a car to a CA buyer? My Mercedes lease is up on Jan 2014. So its really no big deal, but the sooner the better of course.

Definitely. Remember their goal is a minimum of 20,000 cars per year, so the difference between 12000 and 17000 is only 3 months production. They only started producing in volume in the last couple months.

Definitely. Remember their goal is a minimum of 20,000 cars per year, so the difference between 12000 and 17000 is only 3 months production. They only started producing in volume in the last couple months.

It's not exactly the difference between 12,000 and 17,000. Many of those 12500 finalized orders wont be delivered until April (60kw/red) and they will also start producing for the European market by spring. 17,741 will probably be July - September.

Swegman-
This does not make sense that 3 days after reserving your car you jump 4000 places and get a time to finalize notice. Do you have a screen shot?
What you have in your garage has nothing to do with when you get the finalize button--only after you finalize does Tesla know what to build------

If I had to guess what's going on, currently Tesla appears to be sending out the second invitation to finalize to people who were invited a while ago and declined to finalize earlier giving them 3 weeks to avoid the price increase. Perhaps swegman's reservation is a new one to replace a previous reservation, and it's the previous reservation that triggered the finalize button?

Swegman-
This does not make sense that 3 days after reserving your car you jump 4000 places and get a time to finalize notice. Do you have a screen shot?
What you have in your garage has nothing to do with when you get the finalize button--only after you finalize does Tesla know what to build------

I would love to know the secret. I am at 15K and no notice to me to finalize ;-)

If I had to guess what's going on, currently Tesla appears to be sending out the second invitation to finalize to people who were invited a while ago and declined to finalize earlier giving them 3 weeks to avoid the price increase. Perhaps swegman's reservation is a new one to replace a previous reservation, and it's the previous reservation that triggered the finalize button?

On the TM forum Swegman stated he cancelled and reserved again on 12/31 and even included his new sequence number (which is the one his is showing here). If I remember correctly, his old number was in the 12,500 neighborhood.

I would love to know the secret. I am at 15K and no notice to me to finalize ;-)
I don't think there is any secret... Swegman had a signature reservation, a low production reservation, and probably another production reservation and now one of the last pre-price increase reservations. He deferred for legit reasons that MS doesn't have the features he needs/wants. I guess Tesla is treating him a little special because - Buddy make up your mind this is all you will get for this price... you want more wait for MS V2.0.
A little annoying for the rest of us... I am ready money etc and don't need this or that gadget, just give me the car... But really not that important in the bigger picture.

I don't think there is any secret... Swegman had a signature reservation, a low production reservation, and probably another production reservation and now one of the last pre-price increase reservations. He deferred for legit reasons that MS doesn't have the features he needs/wants. I guess Tesla is treating him a little special because - Buddy make up your mind this is all you will get for this price... you want more wait for MS V2.0.
A little annoying for the rest of us... I am ready money etc and don't need this or that gadget, just give me the car... But really not that important in the bigger picture.
He's paying 40k, 5k, 5k for each of these options... That's the pricing Tesla established for such flexibility.