Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Latest "Finalize your order" date

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From TIME TO FINALIZE? | Forums | Telsa Motors, it appears that some US Production reservation holders with numbers below 12,568 are getting finalize buttons and emails. I wonder if these people didn't see their finalize buttons before, or if there was a reason TM let higher numbers finalize, e.g. to get ~3,000 cars delivered by EOY.

Whatever the situation, I'm glad TM is allowing more finalizations after their well-deserved break. I hope I can slip in before 40kWh, multi-coat red & standard suspension start affecting the production rate of other configurations (if at all). And although it will negatively affect when my car is produced, I hope the ~2000 European LHD production reservations placed before mine will get to finalize before I do. Some of them have been waiting for.ev.er.

So once you finalize, four questions.

1) When will you get your MS?
2) When you finalize, is your 5K deposit now non-refundable?
3) How long can you wait to finalize?
4) When do you pay for the rest of the car?

1) They should give you a rough estimate of delivery
2) it's non-refundable at that point
3) 30 days I believe
4) Some states it is before they'll load the car on the truck and other states you can pay when the car is delivered.

A delivery target of Feb/March for 12,893 surprises me. I am 13,984 and was not expecting delivery until July/Aug.

I think it depends on what battery you are getting. There are probably quite a few 40 kWh folks out there and they just started production of the 60 kWh cars. For example, I'm #11,182 and when I placed my deposit in the middle of August, they were telling me I would get my car in Q3 of 2013 (they wanted to be conservative to manage my expectations). I was thinking it would be Jun / Jul timeframe given the 20,000 production rate.

I received my email to finalize on 12/12. I finalized on 12/15 and signed / countersigned my MVPA on 12/17. My MVPA had a delivery date of Feb - Mar.

The delivery button showed up for me on 12/30 and I now have a delivery window of Jan 23 - Feb 6 - quite earlier than I expected. My guess is this has to do with the fact that I am getting a 85 kWh and active air and I went into production before or right around the time they started producing cars with 60 kWhs. 12,893 is not that far behind 11,182 considering you are getting an 85 and active air.

And look no one likes hearing it - I'm sure Tesla is trying to build these in sequential order but I wouldn't be surprised and blame them if they prioritize cars that have higher gross margins. We already know they are doing this to some extent.