Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

latest (July) Tesla price changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got to say that I'm pretty annoyed by the change in pricing, as it doesn't appear like I'll get anything back from Tesla.
I ordered a P3-, as I couldn't justify the extra lease cost of the full performance pack, no matter much I really wanted it. I also love the white, but again, couldn't justify the cost, as the lease company would simply have divided the cost by the number of payments. In all, I'd have been looking at an additional £225 a month to have both options (I'm on a 9+23 lease).

Now, the base price of the new performance is only £550 more than the old, effectively devaluing the P3- by £4645.
From what I reading here, and on the various Facebook groups, Tesla won't be adjusting invoices for the P3- to compensate.
As I'm two days away from the end of my cooling off period, I'm just hoping that the lease companies will have new rates tomorrow, so I can decide whether to keep the P3-, or upgrade to the new performance model.

No matter what happens, it's hugely frustrating that Tesla keep changing things, with little on or notice. I've tried contacting the sales folks at West Drayton and also e-mailed the deliveries alias, but not managed to get a response from anyone. Not surprising, as I'm guessing almost every customer waiting for an order has been doing the same today.

Reactions: Rooster6655
Had many internal debates with myself when P- came out as to whether to switch my LR AWD to that or not - eventually decided to stick with what I had, only to find it's come full circle back to that again! At least the insurers seemed to have kept quoting for the SR+/LR AWD/P+ options anyway so shouldn't need more changes there.

What I'd really love is for the car to be repriced but the FSD cost to remain at the original price of 1st May! Unlikely but would be great.

Didn't Performance get a price reduction in June? P+ was 10k more before that, then it was significantly reduced and P- spun off even cheaper. I think that was a pretty good reduction with SR+ and LR AWD getting nothing. Its the turn of SR+, LR AWD and P+ (again) this month. I guess they severely over estimated P+ demand.

Reactions: Rooster6655
I ordered a P- as well and got an email from them saying my pricing will be adjusted to the current price reduction. They did not say how much but with the price of the P+ being so tempting now, i told them to sell me one. A white one to help with the man maths :D

I am happy with all these price changes as long as it is in the right directions. Keep them coming I say.

The change is frustrating even though I win.. got the early FSD price plus another 1.5k drop today, provided they combine in the way tesla staff seem to be saying. Makes it hard to plan.

I looked at LR but still can't justify the extra.. really all I want from that is the internet access, and if I'm patient that will (probably) be offered as an upgrade at some point anyway.

So, to get my head round this, if I have a black on order, I will get a price reduction, but not as much as those who had a white on order?
And if I changed my order to white, what kind of effect would that have on my order date?

Does anyone have exact numbers for the price changes?

Also, does the white have similar paint wear issues as the black?

Had black on order, went in today using the link trick and changed to white, got my new order agreement in 30 seconds...

I didn't have a delivery date, but I recon if you are not assigned by now you are not on the ship, so September... May as well get free white since its so much easier to live with than black.

I think I'm at peace waiting another month for white. And you get a 69 plate. - Although knowings sods law I'll be assigned someones cancelled white SR+ on Aug 29th delivery :rolleyes:

Besides they really need to clear the backlog by end of Q3

Historically (and repeatedly):

When prices have gone up Tesla have honoured the original, lower, price for all existing orders
When prices have come down Tesla have changed the price on all undelivered orders to the new, lower, price.
I understand what you’re explaining, but my point is there isn’t a “new, lower price” for the P-. That model has been discontinued, not reduced. In my mind Tesla will either honour the original order, at the original price, or give the customer to option to cancel and reorder something from the current model selection at the new price. You can’t have your cake and eat it!

Yup - all of the above applies to me too (except living in London). VIN in source and I don't want to lose my (according to Tesla) August delivery. I'm glad I'm not the only one!

Perhaps the P- will become highly valuable and sought-after in the long term... Wishful thinking!
Well there are 3 of us in the same boat - me too. Why pay extra for stuff we dont want just because now it is cheaper. By the time I come to move the car on the difference in residuals will be negligible and the logic remains for wanting the smaller wheels and normal not lowered suspension (eg ride comfort on crappy country roads).

In my mind Tesla will either honour the original order, at the original price, or give the customer to option to cancel and reorder something from the current model selection at the new price.

If I have understood you they have done all those in the past too

If you want the car you ordered and it isn't discontinued (i.e. still available, just not being offered in UK market any more) then I don't see any reason why they won't provide it - its probably already made and on a boat :)

In 2016 I ordered S85 and it (the battery) was discontinued and they offered for me to take the S85 immediately (didn't suit me) or to downgrade to 75 or upgrade to 90, and all that was at the original price list that I had bought off (price rise had occurred since then)

With the price changes a month ago Tesla allowed people to change to other options (e.g. where more preferable to the customer) but that is at the new/current prices - so at that time changing LR AWD to P- was an attractive order-change, but in the meantime FSD had gone up, so if you wanted to change and have FSD then FSD (component) was at new price.

History no proof of future though ... but Tesla have shown no appetite to gouge punters ... but if you have already bought a car then Tesla retrospectively offering a refund after a price drop is rare - but even that has happened for some things, such as after a price-drop in software-only component then recent purchaser have been given a differential refund.

Reactions: Roy W.
What I'd really love is for the car to be repriced but the FSD cost to remain at the original price of 1st May! Unlikely but would be great.

Me too. I have a black / white SR+ FSD on order.

The same car ordered today is virtually the same (within £100) price due to the "base price" being reduced but black and FSD being pricier and therefore negating the reduction. Could switch to "stormtrooper" option and actually save money but I am just hoping that this means I get it sooner and I can stop checking the source code 10+ times a day....!