TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Latest possible order date for 2016 delivery (Dec 31st)

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by DIL, Nov 7, 2016.

1. DIL

DIL Supporting Member

Place your bets. Could one order a P100DL as late as December 9th and still take delivery before New Year's Eve?

2. Watts Son

Watts Son Member

yes, but why push it ?

3. sdorn

sdorn Director of Awesome

My bet is no, you couldn't order that late and still take delivery by 12/31. I think that for any location other than the western half of the country, the time has likely already passed for placing an order and taking delivery in 2016. I placed my order on 10/7/16 and my DS tells me my car will likely be delivered the last week of December.

4. DIL

DIL Supporting Member

You may well be right. It so happens that I live near Fremont so maybe that gives me a little bit of an edge?

5. sdorn

sdorn Director of Awesome

From what I've read on these forums, delivery to the east coast can take 2 to 3 weeks so you might still be able to place an order for delivery by 12/31 if you are picking it up from the factory or only having it delivered a short distance.

My DS told me my scheduled production date is the last week of November, so about 6 weeks after I placed my order. They switched over to AP 2.0 during that period though.

• Informative x 1
  6. Out4aDuck

Out4aDuck Member

It's been possible to do that in previous end-of-quarters. However, I think that Tesla will strongly encourage you to purchase from inventory. They're building up a buffer.

7. DIL

DIL Supporting Member

No inventory car for me. Want AP 2.0!

8. MorrisonHiker

MorrisonHiker S 90D 2017.34 2448cfc

#8 MorrisonHiker, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2016
    It's possible they'll have inventory cars available with AP 2.0. They actually started offering them as matches on their site before the AP2.0 hardware was even announced. Maybe that wasn't intentional, but some were available online as of 10/16/17.

9. DIL

DIL Supporting Member

Really? Can you please post a link to an AP 2.0 hardware car in new inventory?

10. MorrisonHiker

I don't see any right now but I can see at least one S and one X were listed with AP 2.0 hardware in the US. There were dozens others listed in other countries.

The X hasn't been active since 10/19/16 and the S was listed and removed on 11/4/16.

You could sign up at TeslaInventory.com and use the Autopilot filter to search for cars with Autopilot 2.0 with Enhanced Autopilot or Autopilot 2.0 with Full Self-Driving Capability. Since there aren't any currently listed on that site, you can click the Inactive Listings link to view the ones that were previously listed with those option codes. You can then set up saved alerts and be notified when cars with those option codes are listed again.

x.png s.png

11. schonelucht

schonelucht Active Member

Here you go : VIN 163687 There are currently 137 APv2 cars available as inventory.

12. MorrisonHiker

I don't think @DIL is interested in inventory cars in GB but you never know! ;)

• Funny x 2
  13. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

Do they speculatively ship more to Europe as inventory. More likely to purchase due to longer custom order lead time?

14. MorrisonHiker

They probably need actual inventory cars for the showrooms and for test drives as well.

15. schonelucht

Not that I think so. Earlier experience tells us that they sell larger amounts of inventories in the US, it just comes a bit later in the quarter. But, with Tesla, there are no 100% guarantees.

16. schonelucht

Given that the Enhanced Autopilot is not yet working for at least another month (and Tesla knowing, probably more like 2-3 months), that the cars are not attributed to countries in proportion to their stores or sales (Norway has less than Denmark fe) and that the cars are marked as 'no location' I think these cars are not in showrooms.

17. MorrisonHiker

I meant that they are bound for showrooms eventually, not that they had already been delivered to the showrooms.

They're going to need inventory models in the showrooms. Some buyers need to see a product in person before buying it.

18. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

Good point!

19. Footer

Footer Member

There are people here that ordered in October and are hoping production starts end of November, so I would say it is unlikely you would receive your car this year if you wait until December.

• Disagree x 1
  20. Watts Son

Watts Son Member

i ordered last week and got a Late December delivery date. With all the changes in price and supercharger usage there might be a bigger demand than usual so you may be out of luck. The proximity factor is in your favor though, that's gotta save a day or two...If this is truly a must do situation probably inventory is best.