Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

latest upgrade effected model 3 parking drainage?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks 🙏 any idea on the thread?

Here's one:
Anyone seeing significant battery drain after updating to 2023.12.5? Since I updated, I am losing around 1% every 12 hours, without Sentry Mode activated. With Sentry Mode activated I am seeing almost 1% per hour. Did the power off and steering wheel resets but did not improve.

Upvote 0
I noticed increased draining BUT at the same time it has been pretty warm here and I accidentally turned on the cabin overheat protection when i was tinkering its off now for sure i lost ~25% in 1.5 days parked. And no i wont turn off sentry mode unless im in a secure garage…i upgraded tues night and had to park it wed at our motorpool to pick up a company car…

Upvote 0
Tesla 3/LR even after turning off/ 2 button resetting : Overnight I lost 18km/11miles
I’ve read that if your 12volt lead acid battery starts to degrade, the computer will need to wake up your car far more often to allow your high voltage battery to charge it. That waking and charging process will be seen as more drainage.
So maybe your 12v lead acid battery, (if you have an older model) needs replacement.
Just a thought.
thanks. November 2020 is the age of the model 3. Could the lead acid battery go in just that time?

Upvote 0
I’ve read that if your 12volt lead acid battery starts to degrade, the computer will need to wake up your car far more often to allow your high voltage battery to charge it. That waking and charging process will be seen as more drainage.
So maybe your 12v lead acid battery, (if you have an older model) needs replacement.
Just a thought.
From experience, the Model 3 warns about the battery well before not sleeping occurs.

• Informative
Reactions: MattChristian
Upvote 0
It seems like Tesla has found out what it is via mobile diagnostics-

Power Conversion System (PCS) failure​

Thank goodness it is still under the initial warranty! Because I have seen elsewhere that sometimes it’s not covered
The regular 4 year warranty covers everything, so it includes that. The extended 8 year warranty is on the battery, and the PCS is not considered part of the battery, so it's not covered under that extended time period.

Upvote 0