Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Poser population IS the truck/SUV market.
How many truck/SUV owners you know actually haul loads / drive off-road for a living ?
How often does one have to "haul" or go off-road to justify a truck then?

Sure, there are lots of people who want the image of driving the manly-man's man-truck, but plenty of people have use for a "truck" in the sense of a vehicle with some sort of cargo space for "dirty" or outsized items even if they don't necessarily do it every day. Now, why we wound up with the "half ton"/"full size" pickup being that vehicle vs. smaller trucks in the Maverick size... that's a whole separate and very long discussion.
Model Y after 3 - it's an inferior value proposition that fills "SUV/crossover" market segment, and thus brings in new customers and revenue.
How is the Y an "inferior value proposition"? Maybe it's not quite as efficient as the 3 but it's a lot easier to get in/out of, has a full hatch vs. a trunk and small opening, has an official tow rating, and has a seven-seat option. In my case, the height, hatch, and towing made it a superior value to the 3.

I believe they will sell every unit they make but it's really price dependent. If the dual motor is more than $69k it will be a much harder time, Elons hesitance on volume speaks to this. These were originally priced the same as the Y. Also some feature like 6 seats and bulletproof windows have been removed (see latest pick of window glass).

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
agreed. problem is: traditional truck buyers have very little to no patience for that...

I think the traditional truck buyer will not be seeing a CT available for a long time. By the time they have access to ordering and delivering in a timely manner, all the 1st or 2nd run issues will be resolved.

Bottom line is they’re going to sell all the CT they can produce demand will exceed supply
Book it

First Taylor Swift tickets
Now CT reservations
Imagine how much a reservation or CT flip percentage bump up will be?
200% for res
150% for CT flip, $105K for base 2x motor and 350 mile range :( ($69K sale, $105K flip)

I believe they will sell every unit they make but it's really price dependent. If the dual motor is more than $69k it will be a much harder time, Elons hesitance on volume speaks to this. These were originally priced the same as the Y. Also some feature like 6 seats and bulletproof windows have been removed (see latest pick of window glass).
If the front windshield is the same durability as 3 or Y - combined with the insanely large size and angle… folks will be in for a surprise regarding cost of windshield replacements… and insurance rates will jump accordingly.

Agreed on price too… I don’t think we will see a dual motor for under $69k… not with a mundane dual motor Y costing $50k.

Dual Motor Base Price 70K
Tri Motor Base Price 85K
Quad Motor Base Price 100K
Tesla hasn't mentioned payload or towing in a long time so here are my predictions
Payload will vary between 1500 and 2200 pounds
Towing for the quad motor 12k
Towing for the Tri Motor 9 to 10k
Dual Motor 7,500 lbs
It appears that the bed floor will be composite with the possibility of under bed storage.

Dual Motor Base Price 70K
Tri Motor Base Price 85K
Quad Motor Base Price 100K
Tesla hasn't mentioned payload or towing in a long time so here are my predictions
Payload will vary between 1500 and 2200 pounds
Towing for the quad motor 12k
Towing for the Tri Motor 9 to 10k
Dual Motor 7,500 lbs
It appears that the bed floor will be composite with the possibility of under bed storage.
Sounds reasonable. Range will be the biggest surprise though - and not in a good way…. They aren’t dropping a 200kw battery into a $70k dual motor Cybertruck to outcompete a Silverado EV for well over $100k…. If the dual motor cybertruck for $70k gets ~320 miles EPA we should be happy. In other terms… tow capacity won’t be a big deal when you ain’t towing for more than 120 miles on a single charge…

Farzad did not state a quad motor would be available, at least initially
From memory, Farzads message:

$59K 100kw pack 350 miles 2x motor
$79K 150kw pack 500 miles 2x motor
$99K 200kw pack 600 miles 3x motor

Think this beats all other range, motor and price comparisons

But my opinion, CT is for the radical design, thinking outside the box buyer

CT buyers are not R1T, Lightening, REV buyers

• Disagree
Reactions: afadeev
A long range Model Y is around 55k. I just don't see the cheap version of the Cybertruck being lower than 65K.

I think there's enough different with how the Cybertruck is constructed that we may not be able to use a Model Y as a basis for comparison. It's a larger vehicle, but at the same time, it has no exterior paint, minimal stamping, and may have larger/more comprehensive castings than the Model Y.

It's physically impossible for Cybertruck to be more efficient than a Model X, that has a 100 kWh pack and has 348 miles, it has to be at least 10 to 20% bigger pack for 350 mi of range on Cybertruck and proportional to that to the other variants

Farzad did not state a quad motor would be available, at least initially
From memory, Farzads message:

Think this beats all other range, motor and price comparisons

But my opinion, CT is for the radical design, thinking outside the box buyer

CT buyers are not R1T, Lightening, REV buyers
Lol. Farzad…

Tesla is getting 350 miles EPA out of a 100kw battery pack in a vehicle which is longer, wider and sits higher than a Model X… 😂😂😂😂

• Funny
Reactions: seenhear