Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
give us options, fine, but don’t dictate this crap.
Apparently, you've never been involved with manufacturing except, perhaps, as a consumer. Options can be very expensive. It may not have been feasible to do both initially. Note that they tried it out on their high end, low volume line that appeals to those who want to stand out, not their mainstream products that drive their business (3 and Y).

When comparing the Cyber Frunk please remember to appreicate the Aero and Visibility of the Cyber Hood
in order to appreciate the Aerodynamics we really need to see range numbers. if the Cybertruck comes in at ~350 miles (which would be equivalent to the conservatively rated 320 miles of the Lightning) ... then one couldn't care less about better aerodynamics at the expense of a tiny frunk if it doesn't result in better range...

great. wasn't that a *must have* ? As a reminder ... the F150 Lightning has four 120V outlets plus one 240V outlet in the bed (and 4 outlets in the frunk). Rivian has 3x 120V in bed if I'm not mistaken.
It would be nice if CT had outlets in the frunk but a 50A in the bed is a huge improvement over the 30A in the F-150. I hope it has a full 9.6kW inverter. I can easily run my house off of that. Just need a male-male 14-50 cable and can plug into one of the garage outlets that I used for charging (after opening the main breaker to avoid backfeeding the grid of course).
Frunk will not be tiny. It will be multiples of my MY frunk.
No one is cross-shopping a CT and a MY. The only comparison is to the Lightning.

Reactions: TessP100D
There's nothing dangerous about that ;-)
/sarcasm
yeah... there's a reason the F150 Lightning can only "power your house" through a specifically designed charging station integrated into your home.

" Just need a male-male 14-50 cable and can plug into one of the garage outlets that I used for charging (after opening the main breaker to avoid backfeeding the grid of course)." is incredibly dangerous, against code, and won't be enabled for the Cybertruck... unless Tesla wants lawsuits ...