Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
~5% is = No one...
95%= a lot...I can make up percentages as well.

I don't know that it's 1,5,10, whatever...but there have been people saying they will just get an X if the CT doesn't have a bench seat. There are also many that have a Tesla and are looking to trade in theirs or add the CT to their Tesla family. There was a poll of CT reservation holders either on another forum or Reddit and most were current Tesla owners. And I understand that the poll would be skewed a bit, but there's a ton of "truck" people that won't be converted easily because they feel they need or actually need more range for towing and easier refuels which no BEV will match.

Farzad and I agree with you, the advanced is cost reduction tech since 2019 will yield the lowest trim 2x motor, 350 mile range, $69K
4 years since 2019, I think that number works

Only statement about the CT and X, there will be some buyers moving between models

I came from a Wrangler/Landcruiser to MYP
I want to get back to true 4x4 and did not like the X, not for me
Holding at MYP until I can switch

Reactions: Eric9610
~5% is = No one...

Why are you considering a X and CT? I would not consider an X in any cross shopping scenario.

Weirdly, there's a lot more overlap than you would anticipate. There are even many people cross shopping the Model 3 and pickup trucks, evidently. I think it's just people that want utility out of a vehicle. Take a look at the most recent trade in data: Toyota Owners Trade Their Cars for EVs More Than Any Other Brand: Report

"The CarMax report says the most common trade-in for the Tesla Model 3 was the Honda Civic, while the second most common was the Toyota Tacoma."

Weirdly, there's a lot more overlap than you would anticipate. There are even many people cross shopping the Model 3 and pickup trucks, evidently. I think it's just people that want utility out of a vehicle. Take a look at the most recent trade in data: Toyota Owners Trade Their Cars for EVs More Than Any Other Brand: Report

"The CarMax report says the most common trade-in for the Tesla Model 3 was the Honda Civic, while the second most common was the Toyota Tacoma."
Agreed and the CT isn't a traditional truck, the audience is far more mixed than a standard ICE truck buyer.

I want to do fhis again
1689357362510.png

This time in the CT

I don’t miss rhe wrangler repairs, maintenance and gas guzzling

95%= a lot...I can make up percentages as well.

I don't know that it's 1,5,10, whatever...but there have been people saying they will just get an X if the CT doesn't have a bench seat. There are also many that have a Tesla and are looking to trade in theirs or add the CT to their Tesla family. There was a poll of CT reservation holders either on another forum or Reddit and most were current Tesla owners. And I understand that the poll would be skewed a bit, but there's a ton of "truck" people that won't be converted easily because they feel they need or actually need more range for towing and easier refuels which no BEV will match.
You understand the total volume of Model X units made is a drop in the bucket compared to all other models Tesla makes... They sold 31k Model X units in 2022... (published in the shareholder report) it will be closer to 5% than 95%... LOL

You understand the total volume of Model X units made is a drop in the bucket compared to all other models Tesla makes... They sold 31k Model X units in 2022... (published in the shareholder report) it will be closer to 5% than 95%... LOL
I didn't say it was actually 95%, but I'd guess that the top trim will have similar numbers and similar buying groups...much like the Platinum F150 Lightning or the Rivian. They aren't your typical truck buyer.

The dual motor (or whatever turns out to be the low end) will be the mass produced/sold CT.

Agreed and the CT isn't a traditional truck, the audience is far more mixed than a standard ICE truck buyer.
yup. assuming for one second that the Cybertruck comes out with 350 miles EPA @ $69k .... a lot of potential Model X buyers will re-evaluate .... about the same range with *more* space and even higher seating for ($30k) *less* ?

cost side aside... that's already one reason Tesla won't price it that low. Cannibalizing Model X sales at $100k/ vehicle to sell a $69k Cybertruck which requires an even larger battery? Makes no sense

Lol
It’s gonna be three or four years just to fill orders to start with.

We shall see.
At this point, no-one knows if those orders are real, imaginary, or highly conditional on the previous price expectation. Or some combination of thereof.

In the end, it's all about a compelling value prop.

yup. assuming for one second that the Cybertruck comes out with 350 miles EPA @ $69k .... a lot of potential Model X buyers will re-evaluate .... about the same range with *more* space and even higher seating for ($30k) *less* ?

cost side aside... that's already one reason Tesla won't price it that low. Cannibalizing Model X sales at $100k/ vehicle to sell a $69k Cybertruck which requires an even larger battery? Makes no sense

On the other hand, Tesla knows what the Model X sales potential is at THOSE price points, and its not very compelling - mid-20K/year.
CT will have to be priced below Model X, and some of the MX sales might get cannibalized. But not all.
Just like some MS sales got cannibalized when Model 3 was released, and some MX sales when MY came out. But not all.

Reactions: cusetownusa