Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch is Imminent

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Release price of $75,000 has been leaked. Not sure if dual or tri motor. I would hope that is tri
I doubt that is the tri-motor, maybe a RELEASE early 1000 order holders get that or something, but doubt that the price for Tri is going to be that cheap.. unless they boink the battery capacity access to like 350 miles, and then charge 10K to open up the rest.

Is it just me or is this referral credit use to go to the cyber truck presentation just another way to say "it's going to be a while before this thing is delivered"? In other words I think they did this to keep excitement up while they push the delivery date out further yet. It might not even be until the 4th quarter, or potentially early next year.

Or, have I got it all wrong?

I doubt that is the tri-motor, maybe a RELEASE early 1000 order holders get that or something, but doubt that the price for Tri is going to be that cheap.. unless they boink the battery capacity access to like 350 miles, and then charge 10K to open up the rest.
Original price for tri was 70k. When you compare other teslas already out in 2019 their prices now are, in some cases less, in some cases a little under 10k more today. Having the tri release at under 80k to qualify for the tax credit is a very believable price point. Remember going from 79k to 80.1k costs an extra 7.5k to end purchasers.

Original price for tri was 70k. When you compare other teslas already out in 2019 their prices now are, in some cases less, in some cases a little under 10k more today. Having the tri release at under 80k to qualify for the tax credit is a very believable price point. Remember going from 79k to 80.1k costs an extra 7.5k to end purchasers.
Totally hope to see it down that low, I guess we’ll see. I would say, as some prices for newer release models have come down (and appear cheaper certainly relative to inflation in that time period) there isn’t a TRI motor variant vehicle that is that cheap, and certainly a release model is usually quite a bit more than what the more economical model will cost. Again, we’ll see. As an owner, and part time shareholder I’d like to see it happen even if I don’t really think we’re going to see the overall unit sales that tesla and others are predicting.

Reactions: TessP100D
Ford
1692975286363.png

Dual motor 230 miles $50K
Rebates?
Vs
Dual motor 500 miles $75K
Rebates hopefully $9500 $65.5K
Maybe Tesla has to deliver it for $59K for dual motor and 350 miles/after rebates $49.5K crazy
Think more compelling

The tri will go for at least $100k, maybe more. If they released the tri-motor cyber truck for less of a cost of the Plaid models (tri-motor S/X) then they would be cannibalizing the current tri-motor models which currently cost $108k. Everybody who wanted a Plaid would just get the tri-motor CT for ~$40k less.. doesn’t make sense.

Come to think of it, when have we ever seen any Tesla tri-motor variants be less than $100k? These are their highest profit models.

The dual-motor variant being $70-$80k is more like it. Being that the CT is Tesla’s most complicated build to date I don’t expect it to be any less. Anyone expected a CT (of any variant) for $50k is not going to be happy. The CT having the stainless body, air suspension, HW4, 4-wheel steering, on-board 120v power plugs, air conditioned seats etc… all of this makes this vehicle much more expensive. $75k for a ~350 mile range dual motor setup seems like the sweat spot. All the above mentioned including a tri-motor setup would never be priced below $100k.

Last edited:
I’m thinking to entice, best offer could be 2x motor and 350 miles for $69K
Later for top of the line 3x motor 500 miles $99K
Later means spring, how for 500 miles?
4680 Gen 3 that’s coming or the new CATL LFP like battery they just announced
M3P is to be 10% better range than LFP
The new spring avail CATL battery is to be 20% better range meaning: X size 60kwh can be 72kwh or 150kwh/400 miles could become 480-500 miles
Battery Chem changes into 2024Q2 will be big for LFP and 4680
Future is looking bright

Don’t shoot the messenger

Reactions: tivoboy