Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Launch Mode Not Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've read the manual, watched videos and even read several threads to make sure I'm doing everything correctly but launch mode won't work for me. I have a P90D and every time I press the brake and then the gas I get a message that both pedals are pressed (not that launch mode is enabled as it should be). Anyone else have this issue or know what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks!

I've read the manual, watched videos and even read several threads to make sure I'm doing everything correctly but launch mode won't work for me. I have a P90D and every time I press the brake and then the gas I get a message that both pedals are pressed (not that launch mode is enabled as it should be). Anyone else have this issue or know what I could be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Do you have a P90D or a P90DL? (Is Launch Mode exclusive to the L variants?)

Do you have max battery power enabled. It should either show a time till its ready or say Ready! Under the max battery power text. Launch mode will only work with max battery power enabled.

Thanks. I didn't realize that it wasn't automatically in max power when in Insane Mode (I thought the text underneath was just an information link). I clicked it and now it ways 45 minutes until it's ready! Good thing I'm in no hurry to go fast.....

I have a P100D and same issue. Max battery was enabled, ludicrous+ Easter egg enabled, everything said ‘ready’ and all I got was ‘both pedals are depressed’. Brake was all the way to the floor and then pushed the accerator pedal to the floor and released. Launch mode would simply not engage :( max kw showed 527 and I was told a full launch mode would extract around 570kw.

Has any update now allowed for full amperage without having to engage the launch with the pedals? I heard something about Tesla re enabling dull power and not having to activate launch mode specifically.

I have a P100D and same issue. Max battery was enabled, ludicrous+ Easter egg enabled, everything said ‘ready’ and all I got was ‘both pedals are depressed’. Brake was all the way to the floor and then pushed the accerator pedal to the floor and released. Launch mode would simply not engage :( max kw showed 527 and I was told a full launch mode would extract around 570kw.

Has any update now allowed for full amperage without having to engage the launch with the pedals? I heard something about Tesla re enabling dull power and not having to activate launch mode specifically.
What was the outside temperature? I believe launch mode will not enable below 35 degrees or something like that

What was the outside temperature? I believe launch mode will not enable below 35 degrees or something like that

It was -3celcius that day. 26.5F.
Any reason why given the battery is heated up to 52degrees anyway?

I’ll try again with warmer weather. Once I’ve tried it, I imagine I’ll seldom care to repeat it again and wear out the drivetrain parts lol.

2.7 to 2.4...not sure if the body can even distinguish the difference :)

Last edited:
It was -3celcius that day. 26.5F.
Any reason why given the battery is heated up to 52degrees anyway?
I have no idea why they limit it, but here's the information. 37 degrees Fahrenheit is the minimum

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171113-123156.png
    Screenshot_20171113-123156.png
    578.5 KB · Views: 230