Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LED headlight upgrades?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, just picked up a facelifted car and unfortunately I am a bit underwhelmed by the headlights. I have read the threads on this forum thus far----but haven't found any solutions. I did reach out to theretrofitsource.com and unpluggedperformance.com---and nobody seems to be working on any upgrades for the LED headlights.
The headlights are appropriately adjusted but overall the lumens output just seems quite dim compared to my other vehicles. Anybody have any thoughts on this, or has anybody found a solution to this?
For example, with HID projectors, one could always upgrade the bulb and increase the wattage on the ballasts to provide a more intense light output (lumen). Yes I am aware certain people frown upon this---but if properly adjusted, better vision is better safety, right?

Vision is quite poor and terrible at night and with the addition of rain, forget about it...

Thanks for input guys.

@P-town, thanks for that link----will keep following that thread as well.

@P85Dave- I don't know! But sure as heck disappointed. For a car of such a price point, I honestly didn't even think about the headlights on purchasing, I figured they would at least be on par with my other cars (significantly cheaper), but unfortunately not. I was even thinking about setting up a petition or class action case against Tesla to have them fix the issue.

@P-town, thanks for that link----will keep following that thread as well.

@P85Dave- I don't know! But sure as heck disappointed. For a car of such a price point, I honestly didn't even think about the headlights on purchasing, I figured they would at least be on par with my other cars (significantly cheaper), but unfortunately not. I was even thinking about setting up a petition or class action case against Tesla to have them fix the issue.

Tesla actually managed to score a rating of POOR for the headlights. Whenever they redesign the headlights, I hope they make available a retrofit. Save your energy with a lawsuit. Won't get you anywhere as it's not like the headlights are defective.

Just seem shameful to have the Model S ratings marred by poor headlights

2017 Tesla Model S

Attachments

• Headlights.JPG
    Headlights.JPG
    60.2 KB · Views: 290
Last edited: