Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's do a spreadsheet for the 31st!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a comment for Orlando that says a Tesla employee said that there will be security in preparation for "thousands" of reservations. Wha?!?? Pretty sure either that worker was joking or he meant Tesla expected thousands of reservations overall.

What are the most you guys think would be in line at any single gallery/store?

I wish Tesla would clear this up. People are calling east coast stores and they're saying they open at 10AM and won't start taking deposits until 1PM, other people are saying deposits start at 10AM... what's the deal?
I called two local stores. The first told me 10am PT, but he also had no idea that the mall opened for mall walkers at 7am.

The guy at the second store said that he too had seen conflicting info on-line in forums and blogs re PT or local time. He then went on to say that the latest internal info they have is that all stores may take deposits as soon as they open.

Anyone know if the Galleries listed as "By appointment only" actually have store fronts and will be open for reservations? One such is in Hamilton, NY. I've been too lazy to call :)

Last I checked the number was a NY City number, not actually a Hamilton number. My guess is they only use it occasionally for local deliveries, test rides, or some such. Don't really know.

...I figured it out!...

Looking good! Thanks Microfrost!!!!!!

0p0mvKj.jpg

I wouldn't count on any of those Stores or Galleries that don't have a street address.

Usually, it's a temporary location such as conducting a test drive from a hotel...

No street address, no where to raise my camping tent up!

Last I checked the number was a NY City number, not actually a Hamilton number. My guess is they only use it occasionally for local deliveries, test rides, or some such. Don't really know.

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of. I was hopeful that there might be a 'gallery' close enough for me to go to as nothing down in NYC or PA is close enough :( (and can't go out of the country I believe for reservations).

I'll be at the Lawrence location because it's closest to where I work but if I had to choose between the two, I'd rather go to a standalone store than worry about the mall.

I think it has to do with most people in Toronto knowing about the Yorkdale store and not the Lawrence store/service centre. In any case, Lawrence is more convenient for me being just down the 404 from me.

I called two local stores. The first told me 10am PT, but he also had no idea that the mall opened for mall walkers at 7am.

The guy at the second store said that he too had seen conflicting info on-line in forums and blogs re PT or local time. He then went on to say that the latest internal info they have is that all stores may take deposits as soon as they open.

SSHHHHHH, the mall walkers thing is our little forum secret. I even did the digging to let you know which parking garage and mall entrance were open at 7am.

And when I called Natick on Monday, the "at opening..." guidance hadn't come down from Corporate yet, so I'll let Brendon slide on that one.

:D

Also, I've just gone ahead and scheduled a test drive of a Model S as well. Might as well start getting acclimated.

This would have been better as a Google form with protected sheet sections and unprotected sections ("comments on notes"). Easier to keep the data normalized... oh well. :) It's interesting to see, but captures such a tiny portion of what I expect we'll see at the stores.

SSHHHHHH, the mall walkers thing is our little forum secret. I even did the digging to let you know which parking garage and mall entrance were open at 7am.

And when I called Natick on Monday, the "at opening..." guidance hadn't come down from Corporate yet, so I'll let Brendon slide on that one.

:D

Also, I've just gone ahead and scheduled a test drive of a Model S as well. Might as well start getting acclimated.
Whoops, sorry! :oops:

I didn't speak to Brandon. I got "Will". I need to go to Home Depot this afternoon - may stop over at the store while I'm there and see what today's story is.

I'm also thinking about heading over to the Apple Store there and asking how they handle release-day lineups (ie, does the mall care?). I don't particularly want to go to Dedham and deal with 128 traffic (I'll be a couple of towns north Wed night, so it's just backroads to Natick).