Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's See Your Charging Setup

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a zef energy charger which is clipper creek under the covers. It was $676 after $500 local energy company rebate.
I also get a lower rate for charging between 11 pm and 7 am.
I had an electrician install a 60 AMP circuit. Circuit breaker was in a finished basement and I have an attached garage.
Cost of electrician was $1000. He told me that I can install a 2nd Zef energy charger in future without requiring additional circuit as zef energy chargers can talk to each other and share the same circuit.
IMG_0150.jpeg
IMG_0151.jpeg
IMG_0152.jpeg

I’ve been using this setup for several years to charge my i3 and it has worked flawlessly charging at 7kW. With the MY, the Juicebox is now putting out 10kW, which translates to about 38 mi/hr.
I installed the 14-50 receptacle and wired it myself to the panel, which was a piece of cake with the panel in such close proximity. All in all, it cost me less than $100 in materials and an afternoon worth of time. It worked out great having both charge doors right next to each other, especially when trying to precondition each vehicle in the morning.
246FA91E-C740-41D2-AC72-62C3DB1F718B.jpeg

16F43B0B-1C53-4BAD-8371-DFADF4F54653.jpeg