Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's talk CT wiper......

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can we really do this?
cybertruck-windshield-wiper.jpg

Please realize this has been talked about ad nauseam in many threads, articles, youtube videos, etc?

Meaning it is unclear what unique angle you think a new thread will have?

Generic google: tesla cybertruck windshield wiper - Google Search
TeslaMotorsClub google search: tesla cybertruck windshield wiper site:teslamotorsclub.com - Google Search
That last thread hasn’t been touched in 15 months so I guess it’s safe to talk about the wiper again?

My take is: I can already hear the wind noise.

I also worry about the wind noise. In airliners, vertically stowed wipers are less desirable than the more common horizontally stowed ones because the vertical ones vibrate a ton more in response to wind going over the windscreen. Maybe at car speeds, this can be more easily mitigated. I'm interested in hearing first buyer's reports.

• Helpful
Reactions: israndy
Why not having a windshild wiper on each side?
Can’t. The wiper needs to clear the cameras in the top middle for Autopilot to work. If they did two shorter wipers on each side that don’t, or just barely, overlap the cameras wouldn’t get cleared. If they did two large wipers that both clear the cameras there would be too long of pause in each one to allow the opposite side wiper to clear out of the way.

Tesla has been known to make moves prematurely anyways - removing radar, ultrasonics, etc. Why not just have one tiny wiper right above the cameras to just clear rain for FSD? Why does the passenger sitting in the former drivers seat need to see when it’s raining anyways 😉.