Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's talk financing rates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok. I wasn't sure what type of documentation was required to get an approval. My intention is to get a Lightstream rate beat and do this well before I get my car or even VIN.

Got it. So I know you have to go through the mechanics to actually join to get an official approval - unlike some that will let you join after approval. But I'd bet you could get request the loan terms you want lightstream to match, and even claim it's just like 80% of a more expensive S/X that you just need to validate financing on, and probably get far enough with approval for the rate beat. I don't know for sure, though, as I stopped short with them.

• Informative
Reactions: rlb4
Will be adding it to my insurance policy at Allstate.
GAP is generally much more affordable through your insurer than through a dealer.

That said, thinking you need GAP is a sign that you might be buying too much car. If the negative equity in your car would be a significant burden on your finances, maybe the car is too expensive. Not trying to get preachy (and kinda failing) but it is an indicator.

Reactions: dailo
How long did Allegacy take to get back to people? Going on to day 2 and I haven't heard anything. The other two credit unions got back to me within a day.

They said 24-48 hours. I spoke to my loan office yesterday 20 hours after submitting my application and she told me what I would need to send her. In my case, I had to send my last 2 pay stubs, and copies of the leases for my rental properties, so be prepared for that. She told me once she has those I would be reviewed and find out within a day.

If you call the main number, they will give you the name and number of loan officer assigned. You probably feel like you shouldn't have to call, but I am ambitious and like to get processes moving faster.

Good to know. I'm almost thinking of going through Tesla just for convenience, but I'm expecting delivery between Oct - Dec. So I guess I have some time to look around.

That's a good plan. I'm actually with two different local CU's, but their posted rates started in the 4's so I didn't bother. For reference, the underwriter for the 3.59% for 72 months through Tesla was from Wells Fargo NA (North America).

How long did Allegacy take to get back to people? Going on to day 2 and I haven't heard anything. The other two credit unions got back to me within a day.

I applied in the evening on a Thursday, and it was late afternoon (after 4) on Monday when they reached out. Definitely slower initial contact than others, but once I did hear from someone, they were very responsive (during east coast business hours).