Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

lied to about super charging?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
41FC1A72-C32A-4062-852D-1860C4578E25.png
I bought my 3rd model S this December. I was told several times during delivery that it only came with 3 years of super charging not lifetime like my others and that there was nothing that they could do about it. I ask them to send a request up the chain several times. Nothing.

No with the new price drop and cheaper FSD I look at my manage account page and see that it says 6 months of charging. So I was lied to. I have called and emailed the person that sold me the car, I’m being ignored. Also for the first 1.5 months my car was in the shop. Not that huge an issue it I lost 1.5months of 36. But if I lost 1.5 of 6! That is huge!

What should I do?

The guy who sold you the car is likely about to get laid off so don't expect much by chasing down that thread. Tesla has never offered 3 years of free supercharging so either signals got crossed somewhere or you were outright lied to, which is a bummer, but difficult/impossible to prove and you're not going to have much recourse.

Tesla is not going to be sympathetic.

From one of the posts in the link...

Hello ,

Thank you for contacting us regarding the Tesla Referral Program. I apologize for any inconvenience this delayed response has caused. This benefit will only be applicable for existing Model S and Model X customers that purchase another Model S or X. Unfortunately new Model 3 vehicle purchases are not eligible. Let us know if you have any further questions or if there’s anything else we can assist you with.

Warm Regards,

Catherine A. | Tesla Referral Program Support

I was also informed I was getting 3 years of free supercharging for my Model S upgrade on 12/14. My account also shows 6 months as well but I assumed they just stacked the six month periods to get it to work with current system. We will see.

If u have it on paper, sue them. Otherwise forget it. Typical car salesman. Now un employed.
That said, i got new motor last week. Tesla never answered my question as to new warranty? SC showed me email from Tesla saying 24 months. I personally think it should be 8 yrs. Same as original motor. Yea, yea dreaming.
We discussed if i had to get a new battery, warranty and upgrade to 100. We agreed i should not get NEW S, lose my lifetime free charging, since i have 134k miles and been in about 25 states.