Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifetime supercharging changed to pay per use- update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just looked at mine - “Unlimted Supercharging” is now showing correct for me.

Keep in mind it’s not necessarily a website design issue - they have codes attached to VINs that’s determine what features are listed. The website might be displaying the wrong description OR you could be missing the code on your VIN.

View attachment 544712

Wish it was that simple. Tesla has it right on their end. They have confirmed it to me several times. They tell me it's a glitch on the Account Page end. I never get charged when Supercharging. I just wish they could correct it on my end.

I too am a software engineer, and I’m aware that the IT department at major corporations aren’t responsible for customer-facing product development. IT departments catch enough *sugar* for things that aren’t their fault, let’s not put this on them too.

So you claim Tesla's IT department does not do development for the website? I worked for a couple of very large corporations who both had their main IT departments maintain the website. I guess since neither of us work for Tesla, we may not be able to answer that definitively, but someone who does software development at Tesla has a bug on their hands.

Wish it was that simple. Tesla has it right on their end. They have confirmed it to me several times. They tell me it's a glitch on the Account Page end. I never get charged when Supercharging. I just wish they could correct it on my end.

This is my exact situation. For a company that is trying to use software to autonomously drive cars, doesn't it seem like this should be easily tracked down? I guess they have bigger fish to fry but it's certainly annoying.

All well and good except that the so called freeloaders effectively paid in advance for supercharger access. They have a contract with Tesla and therefore rights.
That sounds great, until you're waiting in line at a supercharger because some old person in a Model S/90 wants to charge to 100%. And to be honest, that person usually keeps on sitting there for a good half hour after the charging is done because they're engrossed in their newspaper. Supercharger stalls need an "Auto-Eject" feature. Park an ICE vehicle at the supercharger? Auto-Eject! Sitting there after charging is complete? Auto-Eject! I need the spot... Auto-Eject!

That sounds great, until you're waiting in line at a supercharger because some old person in a Model S/90 wants to charge to 100%. And to be honest, that person usually keeps on sitting there for a good half hour after the charging is done because they're engrossed in their newspaper. Supercharger stalls need an "Auto-Eject" feature. Park an ICE vehicle at the supercharger? Auto-Eject! Sitting there after charging is complete? Auto-Eject! I need the spot... Auto-Eject!

The most fascinating part are the people who have absolutely no concept of valuing their time and use free supercharging instead of spending a few hundred bucks to install an outlet at the home they own.

My Performance Model 3 I bought in September 2018 still says Pay Per Use Supercharging to this very day. I have contacted Tesla numerous times. They say they are going to fix it but it never happens. They have just changed the look of the account page and it still reads Pay Per Use Supercharging !
Kinda Bush League in my opinion.

UPDATE! Yay! My Account page has finally bee updated to "Unlimited Free Supercharging" After 2 years of ownership.

That just sounds incredibly sad. I have an S90, I use the superchargers when I need too, have my own home charging of course. I don't see much of a congestion issue in Australia.