Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifted my Model Y 😀

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am just curious what gave this user AquaY the right to copy one of my messages and post them into another thread (a locked one where you can't really reply) called Snippiness 2.0? I have done things to my Corvette than on the Stingray forum was not appreciated and they told me..... and also provided feedback on how to improve something that didn't look right, I didn't need an AquaY to defend my thread, I was mature enough to accept criticism since I chose to post something in the first place.
Is this AquaY a defender of topics? Is this a moderator or a forum owner that is deciding what is appropriate or not?
I will go back at reading only the estimate delivery thread. Too much salt here
He's from Long Island, need we say more.....:rolleyes:

Question - do those chunky tires increase road noise significantly?
That is a good question. I can't speak for the Nitto Terra Grapplers the OP is running, but I have Falken Wildpeak AT Trails in the same size as the OP and they are as quiet as the OE Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric that were originally on my Y. I am pleasantly surprised how well behaved these AT tires are on the street, especially compared to the Goodyear DuraTracs on my Tacoma and BFG Mud Terrains on my Jeep, both of which sound like a swarm of angry wasps.

Last edited:
That is a good question. I can't speak for the Nitto Terra Grapplers the OP is running, but I have Falken Wildpeak AT Trails in the same size as the OP and they are as quiet as the OE Goodyear Eage F1 Asymmetric that were originally on my Y. I am pleasantly surprised how well behaved these AT tires are on the street, especially compared to the Goodyear Duratracs on my Tacoma and BFG Mud Terrains on my Jeep, both of which sound like a swarm of angry wasps.
Oh - that's surprising (in a good way)! I was wondering because whenever I drive by Jeeps or whatever with those AT type tires on, it sounds like they're driving over a permanent rumble strip, one lane over. I can't imagine just how loud it is inside the car itself!

I am just curious what gave this user AquaY the right to copy one of my messages and post them into another thread (a locked one where you can't really reply) called Snippiness 2.0? I have done things to my Corvette than on the Stingray forum was not appreciated and they told me..... and also provided feedback on how to improve something that didn't look right, I didn't need an AquaY to defend my thread, I was mature enough to accept criticism since I chose to post something in the first place.
Is this AquaY a defender of topics? Is this a moderator or a forum owner that is deciding what is appropriate or not?
I will go back at reading only the estimate delivery thread. Too much salt here
I want nothing to do with the arguing and whatnot, but I will just let you know that posts considered "snippy" are moved to that thread by the moderators, not users.

Oh - that's surprising (in a good way)! I was wondering because whenever I drive by Jeeps or whatever with those AT type tires on, it sounds like they're driving over a permanent rumble strip, one lane over. I can't imagine just how loud it is inside the car itself!
I have the Ridge Grapplers on my GX and really like how quiet they were compared to my Duratracs or KO2s. Only reason I didn't go with those on the MY was because they weren't officially snow rated (though I never had issues with them).

@gr8tdane24 glad you're liking the Falkens!

I have the Ridge Grapplers on my GX and really like how quiet they were compared to my Duratracs or KO2s. Only reason I didn't go with those on the MY was because they weren't officially snow rated (though I never had issues with them).

@gr8tdane24 glad you're liking the Falkens!
The G2 Ridge Grapplers are snow rated, at least now they are. But you're correct they are quiet, definitely way quieter then the KO2.

I have been looking very hard at these wheels for a while know. Glad you pulled the trigger. If you want to check them out, I found a few parts I was looking into to match the aesthetic. The Hooke Road roof rack should fit with the factory cross bars if you do a little rigging. It is the only one I have found in the "prinsu" style that has a chance of fitting. It comes with cheap lights, I was planning on taking them off, probably not worth the wiring until ya get higher quality lighting. The other part was a setina push bar. It's specifically made for the model Y. Keep on rocking it!!!

My build on my 2021 model Y includes the MMP lift package, a Bull bar and receiver hitch from Broadfeet and Falken Wildpeak 245/55 R 19s that clear the upper suspension knuckle by 1/4 inch. Les Schwab sipped them and included a 65,000 mile warranty. Has anyone figured out the hit in range? I’m estimating about 12%.

Attachments

• 7EE8D831-63CD-4EF0-AEA1-EE848F46A7BA.jpeg
    7EE8D831-63CD-4EF0-AEA1-EE848F46A7BA.jpeg
    813.6 KB · Views: 45
  • 177EDBCF-B4DE-4C07-9C66-40AA17267E03.jpeg
    177EDBCF-B4DE-4C07-9C66-40AA17267E03.jpeg
    591.4 KB · Views: 30
  • Love
Reactions: MountainPass