Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lifted my Model Y 😀

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lifted this sweet ride last week. 18 inch Black Rhino Wheels with 255/55/18 Nitto Terra Grappler G2 installed. Drives great.

For this wondering, slightly more wind noise off the front of the car. Been 5 days now and dont notice that anymore.

Consumption went from me averaging 280wh/mi to 305wh/mi.

Overall it looks awesome. Looks significantly bigger and noticeable in person.
D8B7649D-80B2-4E0B-8FCD-49E7EF0DD9B7.jpeg

Attachments

• 87F52BB6-B3D2-4462-831B-91E71F9278C4.jpeg
    87F52BB6-B3D2-4462-831B-91E71F9278C4.jpeg
    569.3 KB · Views: 640
  • DF037837-D05F-4EB6-8CD0-CEB0A058B218.jpeg
    DF037837-D05F-4EB6-8CD0-CEB0A058B218.jpeg
    688.5 KB · Views: 684
I don't know how to say this nicely, so I won't. That looks awful. Not just the lift but the wheel gap and choice of wheel combination look like you're going for the LAPD meets Monster Jam look.
Did the standard height Y not have enough ground clearance to get you to your spin classes in LA?
Hey be easy on the guy, looks like he just joined TMC - don't want to scare him off lol.

I'm all for people trying different mods for their Model Y's, and I for one think the rally / lifted style is a good look for a CUV, MY included. I'm guessing by your response you don't like any similar types of vehicles à la Subaru Crosstrek. @Gold13 there's a whole bunch of us nonconformist MY owners over in the Lifted Model Y Owners thread, who generally all agree the stock ground clearance is sh*t - you're more than welcome there.

Hey be easy on the guy, looks like he just joined TMC - don't want to scare him off lol.

I'm all for people trying different mods for their Model Y's, and I for one think the rally / lifted style is a good look for a CUV, MY included. I'm guessing by your response you don't like any similar types of vehicles à la Subaru Crosstrek. @Gold13 there's a whole bunch of us nonconformist MY owners over in the Lifted Model Y Owners thread, who generally all agree the stock ground clearance is sh*t - you're more than welcome there.
I guess I need to work on being more subtle. I don't mind the Crosstrek or other CUVs that have higher ground clearance. A lifted Y though....no.

Lifted this sweet ride last week. 18 inch Black Rhino Wheels with 255/55/18 Nitto Terra Grappler G2 installed. Drives great.

For this wondering, slightly more wind noise off the front of the car. Been 5 days now and dont notice that anymore.

Consumption went from me averaging 280wh/mi to 305wh/mi.

Overall it looks awesome. Looks significantly bigger and noticeable in person. View attachment 780376
What lift kit did you use?

Reactions: Zhe Wiz