Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Vendor Lighted Rear Applique for the Model X -- wiring completed today

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey Guys, sorry for not being part of the batter, Or son is having his aorta replaced for the second time. Another surgery is scheduled for Tuesday , so any appliqué orders for the “S” and the “X” will be delayed by a week. Thanks for your understanding. Things should get back to normal in 10 days or so.

Hey Guys, sorry for not being part of the batter, Or son is having his aorta replaced for the second time. Another surgery is scheduled for Tuesday , so any appliqué orders for the “S” and the “X” will be delayed by a week. Thanks for your understanding. Things should get back to normal in 10 days or so.

Whoa---wishing you and your son the best--big surgery (especially redo...)

It was a long ten days, after an Aortic bypass and rental artery reconstruction Matt is recovering at home.
The last bypass lasted 30 years maybe this one will be his last. OK, back to the fun stuff, Model "X" appliqués are back in stock,
should have Model "S" back in stock in two to three weeks.

...hopefully not a rental artery...big, big surgery. Long slog in the hospital, but assume all is OK now (especially renal function).

Wish him well...

It was a long ten days, after an Aortic bypass and rental artery reconstruction Matt is recovering at home.
The last bypass lasted 30 years maybe this one will be his last. OK, back to the fun stuff, Model "X" appliqués are back in stock,
should have Model "S" back in stock in two to three weeks.

good to hear!

so, about the appliques, how difficult is it to remove the TESLA letters from the stock applique? i'm debating between buying the fully installed vs the letters only. also, any update on the front and rear T's for the X?

@Reekdog Hopfully some time early next year we will be able to do a video on the installtion. It should be noted that the wiring on the "X" is more in line with the average persons ability to install the lighted applique.

I know this is an older posting, but nice to hear because I have been interested in this. Although I think I can do almost anything electrical, not sure I'd want to mess around with a $125K MX unless it looks simple.

• Helpful
Reactions: Reekdog
It only take about 3 minutes to take the leader board out. Putting the light back in is a different story. The problem is you only get one shot in getting the light board in and lined put with the letters. If you don't get it right the first time you will have to remove the light board remove the 3M tape clean the board and hope that you don't mess up the board, attach new 3M tape and try it again.

@JPP Yes it was renal reconstruction, He did lose a 1/3 of his left kidney but that was 30 years ago, this one looks good with out any lose of function, 2 month + recovery time.

Now that things are getting back to normal, I have 1/2 dozen appliqués ( Chrome ) for the model "X" and one flat Black for the "X". Model "S" appliqué are now back ordered and that looks like three weeks before I can start shipping Model "S" appliqués.
We should have had the front "T" for the model "X" but, I'm told that the light board will be in next week.( heard that a number of time ) Every thing is in place except the light board and It looks more like a month before I can assemble the first front "T".

• Informative
Reactions: ModelX