Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lighted Tesla T for nosecone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a deal!.

Trying to figure out now where I will do these. As I travel a lot on business and don't need my own car to run an installation workshop, it could be just about anywhere where I travel frequently, including China:)

So I think I'll do the workshops where sales are concentrated. I'm just guessing now but likely northern and southern CA, the DC area, Raleigh NC or thereabouts, Boston, Westchester, NY (where I used to live), south FL. Once the T sales begin in March or so I'll track locations and decide accordingly. This will be a lot of fun for me as I'll meet many other owners and it will make my travel much more interesting. Of course, many owners will be able to do this without help so demand for this kind of thing will also be a factor.

There may be only three of us on the list so far from here...and with that said, here's your invitation (excuse :rolleyes: ) to visit Hawaii!

There may be only three of us on the list so far from here...and with that said, here's your invitation (excuse :rolleyes: ) to visit Hawaii!

Probably the best thing would be for me to stop there on one of my trips to China. Next one coming up in in early March but the T's may not be out of production then. But as they're being made in Hong Kong I may be about to stop in the factory and pick some up for the trip home. Let's see how this works out as the schedules are finalized. I have personal attachments to Hawaii. My wife lived there three times and attended Punahou. My older son was baptized there and then competed in the Ironman world championships in Kona three times. So many reasons to visit.

Probably the best thing would be for me to stop there on one of my trips to China. Next one coming up in in early March but the T's may not be out of production then. But as they're being made in Hong Kong I may be about to stop in the factory and pick some up for the trip home. Let's see how this works out as the schedules are finalized. I have personal attachments to Hawaii. My wife lived there three times and attended Punahou. My older son was baptized there and then competed in the Ironman world championships in Kona three times. So many reasons to visit.

We will take you out to dinner when you get here.

Just heard from the Oznium production team in Hong Kong. There are a few production details that need to be resolved before the Chinese New Year begins. But they sent me this photo of the pre-prodcution T lit up. I'm very happy about the evenness of the light. I'm hoping we'll be ready to take final orders and ship in early March. We're planning to manufacture as many as are on the pre-order list as of February 15. At the moment there are about 115 on the list.

Also, I'll be doing a demo installation of the lighted T at @TeslaRoadTrip 2014 - - Feb 15-17, 2014.

Screenshot_17_1_14_4_34_pm.jpg

Last edited:
That looks awesome!!

My beta Lighted T unfortunately stopped glowing for the last time last week. I think a little too much water got in there and shorted things out.

I am very much looking forward to the new generation. I got a lot of positive feedback from my T, everybody loved it!

Thanks for keeping this going Rick!

That looks awesome!!

My beta Lighted T unfortunately stopped glowing for the last time last week. I think a little too much water got in there and shorted things out.

I am very much looking forward to the new generation. I got a lot of positive feedback from my T, everybody loved it!

Thanks for keeping this going Rick!

I think that was a problem with the betas. The new version will be completely waterproof.