TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Lloyd's mats have arrived: photos

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by artsci, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

They look nice. Fit really really well. The color really pops, but matches well with the exterior imho. ... And looks like I've got spots on my camera lens.
    Front w Burgundy ultimats.jpg Back w Burgundy ultimats.jpg

2. DrComputer

DrComputer Member

Yes, the black Ultimats were the best match of color and texture for the car.

3. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

That's the burgundy with black trim, JasonS? I think you might have sold another set for them... :)

4. KBF

KBF Model S 2017

Hey colinb, you were right! I added a polite note to my order, and I received a personal email this morning saying it was no problem since I was so close. I will be recommending matmycar.ca to my circles... it's amazing how easy it is to make us happy - $20 is cheap when it results in serious word-of-mouth advertising!

5. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

#65 brianman, Dec 3, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2012
    Your photos look more like Torch Red to me than Burgundy. And I like the look of yours.
    ULTIMAT-COLORS - Red & Burgundy | Lloyd Mats

I ordered Torch Red #477. Hopefully, I'll like it. :)

6. Jason S

Jason S Model S Sig Perf (P85)

They are Burgundy for real. The back seat shot has over brightness because of the flash, the front seat shot is better to compare color to the trim. Cheap camera.

I almost went with the Torch Red tho. Either color would be fine, imho.

7. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

I'll try to take some pictures of the Torch Red for ya. :)

8. Al Sherman

Al Sherman It's about THIS car.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. If you are NOT getting the rear facing seats, you DO NOT need the "small rear cargo" mat?

9. ModelS1079

ModelS1079 Member

Went with the Velourtex

Appreciate all the advice above.
    At the very last second, I went with Velourtex as I decided I wanted to feel something under my feet closer to carpet, not rubber. May be a mistake... Note that the Velourtex are designed to replace, not go over, I was too cheap to go Luxe... Went with the ebony at the advice of another certified Tesla zealot (you know who you are!) who noted it may be a better match for the Tesla black interior leather trim (tan leather, black accent).

I'll let you know how that all goes. Really not worried about it - just want to comfortably cover the winter boot trauma, and pull off the front mats come late spring.
    I believe the cost for all but the frunk was $278 with the FALL30 coupon expiring in two days (MatMyCar). But I am sure there will be a new - and maybe better coupon.
    Yet another issue I had gone 40-plus years without thinking about before Elon entered my life...

10. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

It probably depends on what you intend to put in the well.

11. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

Went with the Rubbertite for the high traffic areas - the interior and the rear trunk. Chose (dark) Grey instead of Black to go with the Black leather and Piano Black trim.

MatMyCar.com and used FREESHIP and FALL10. All set; may I have my car now please?!

lloyds.png

12. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

Here are some pictures of the Ultimat in Torch Red.
    TorchRedMatRear.jpg TorchRedMatPassenger.jpg TorchRedMatColor1.jpg TorchRedMatColor2.jpg

I haven't put them in the car yet. I'm letting them flatten over night (they arrived rolled up like a poster in the box).

The second two images are for color evaluation against some known reds.

13. ddenboer

ddenboer MODEL S SIG

@brianman, when you put them in your car can you take a pic? I see that my black ones have arrived at work and I will install tomorrow, but those red ones look hot (torch hot!)

14. Ceilidh

Ceilidh Member

Hope someone will post photos of the Lloyd rubber mats in the car soon. Mine are lonely in the garage waiting for the car and I would love to see what they will look like in the vehicle.

Cheers.

15. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

@ddenboer and @ceilidh - Hope this helps.

Rear
    TorchRed_Interior_Rear.jpg

Passenger
    TorchRed_Interior_Passenger.jpg

Driver
    TorchRed_Interior_Driver.jpg

Driver from outside
    TorchRed_Interior_DriverFromOutside.jpg

Driver pedals
    TorchRed_Interior_DriverPedals.jpg

They're arguably a bit too bright for Sig Red. I'm happy with them though. Brightness dims with usage anyway.

They're probably just about perfect for 2013 Red.

16. Ceilidh

Ceilidh Member

Thanks for the photos. They do help in checking out the fitment. Yours look nice.

Cheers.

17. xhawk101

xhawk101 Active Member

Interesting. I have new red w tan interior. Wonder if red would be too much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

18. colinb

colinb Member

I'll try to remember to do that this week if you are looking at the Rubertite ones. I have them here waiting for the car (except the frunk one which is still en route).

19. gg_got_a_tesla

gg_got_a_tesla Model S: VIN P65513, Model 3 Res Holder

The Grey Rubbertite ones for the interior and the trunk were delivered yesterday. The Grey turned out a little too pale for my taste (and may not work well with the Green exterior) but, I'll live with it as it does go well with the all-black interior.

Boy, do they stink as they out gas or whatever! My garage smells horrible right now. Waiting for a few sunny days to air them out.

20. AnOutsider

AnOutsider S532 # XS27

My rubbertites arrive Monday... Guess I'll keep them on the deck until Friday :(