Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Loaner cars at Lawrence SC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I am going to the Lawrence SC for service soon just wondering if I would get a Tesla loaner car. Last few times I went there, I got a Cadillac cts. What loaner car did they give you?

p.s. I am going there to fix my door, not an annual service. If it makes any difference.

Don't get your hopes up - I have been at 50-50 between Tesla and other cars.

However I did have a great experience in May 2015 when Tesla had my car to put the summer tires on. They gave me the Very Orange Roadster that you used to see at Lawrence as a loaner and it took 24 hours to do the tire switchover for some reason - not that I minded to get to keep the Roadster for a bit longer.

Deploying the P100Ds as loaners is a great move on Tesla's part, especially since Tesla is a company that doesn't really care about costs. I always thought that high-end car dealerships should give you their top-of-the-line model as a loaner as it is a great way to up-sell you on your next purchase.

I got a Model S 100D in December.

Attachments

• IMG_20171222_160258.jpg
    IMG_20171222_160258.jpg
    401.3 KB · Views: 68
They gave me a Hyundai Genesis once too. I felt 80 years old driving it.

The other time was an early model S, which was ok but creaky as heck and got me a little worried about the future of mine as it ages.

Just dropped our X off yesterday for some issues we wanted fixed. Yesterday being Feb 7. We got a Mercedes GLA. Small crossover that in Europe is actually sold as a hatch. Was looking forward to a P100D X or S
Maybe I'll try Mississauga service centre next time

I've never had a Tesla loaner at Lawrence. 3 or 4 times I've had a rental, either a BMW, Cadillac, etc.

In Mississauga I have had Model S or Model X loaners exclusively except once way back in early 2013 when I got a Ford Fusion.

Would loved to have tried the Roadster once, but I think it was restricted to Lawrence.

They got away from the cheap Caddys and now loan out Mercedes if no Tesla available.

I'd take the Caddy in a heartbeat over the Mercedes (but that's just me).

In Mississauga I have had Model S or Model X loaners exclusively except once way back in early 2013 when I got a Ford Fusion.

Would loved to have tried the Roadster once, but I think it was restricted to Lawrence.

I'd take the Caddy in a heartbeat over the Mercedes (but that's just me).
I have RARELY driven a loaner Tesla. I had an S100D last fall, but prior to that (Mississauga) I got a Jeep (twice) and a Chrysler 200 (yuck)...and I turned them down on another Chrysler, and had someone pick me up and drop me off. So, I'd take the Caddy or the Merc.

I have RARELY driven a loaner Tesla. I had an S100D last fall, but prior to that (Mississauga) I got a Jeep (twice) and a Chrysler 200 (yuck)...and I turned them down on another Chrysler, and had someone pick me up and drop me off. So, I'd take the Caddy or the Merc.

Weird. The last time I was in (or maybe it was the second last) I made my appointment at 4:30 PM for the following morning and they even gave me a choice of an S or an X. I guess I'm just lucky :rolleyes:

Reactions: SmartElectric