Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking Forward to the Model 3 Debut

How excited are you about the debut?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got a leaf, I love it. My new plan is to have this 5-6 years and get a model 3 cpo when the range on this thing gets to be 20 miles. It's a 2014 with every option you can get for $14k. I charge for $50/year at work and have solar at home. I'll keep following this thread and Tesla of course, but the timing to be one of the first to get a model 3 hasn't worked out. I'm sad and happy at the same time.

Don't worry, when the design of the 3 is revealed and resembles the leaf you will be quids in.

I've driven in the leaf, it's not a small car, reminds me of the old Volvo hatchback 340. Have fun with it. You are still a pioneer of EVs.

20819.jpg

I got a leaf, I love it. My new plan is to have this 5-6 years and get a model 3 cpo when the range on this thing gets to be 20 miles. It's a 2014 with every option you can get for $14k. I charge for $50/year at work and have solar at home. I'll keep following this thread and Tesla of course, but the timing to be one of the first to get a model 3 hasn't worked out. I'm sad and happy at the same time.

I'm thinking of doing this until my SCTY climbs out of the toilet. I leased a Leaf in 2013 but decided not to keep it. They wanted $21k for it at lease end but I couldn't see doing that with the 3 coming soon. It was the finest car I've ever driven and I was sad to see it go, but now I can buy a similar used one for about half that. Congratulations and enjoy, and we hope to see you back here in a few years.

I've been thinking about getting a used Leaf to last me 2-3 years or whenever I can get my hands on a Model 3. I'm getting tired of driving my very much base model 09 Toyota Matrix, and with used Leaf prices where they are now in GA it would only cost me a few thousand after trading in my car to get a 2-3 year old Leaf. My commute is short, and my wife has an ICE crossover that we take on weekends/trips with the kids. Need to do a test drive sometime I guess and see how I like driving them.

I've been thinking about getting a used Leaf to last me 2-3 years or whenever I can get my hands on a Model 3. I'm getting tired of driving my very much base model 09 Toyota Matrix, and with used Leaf prices where they are now in GA it would only cost me a few thousand after trading in my car to get a 2-3 year old Leaf. My commute is short, and my wife has an ICE crossover that we take on weekends/trips with the kids. Need to do a test drive sometime I guess and see how I like driving them.
Do it, mynissanleaf.com is the best place I've gotten information. No where as good as this place though...

Congrats, man... Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. Even coming from a Prius, there's nothing quite like driving electric. Many here like to joke about it being addictive, but I am convinced that a scientific study would prove it's real. Enjoy!

Congrats, man... Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. Even coming from a Prius, there's nothing quite like driving electric. Many here like to joke about it being addictive, but I am convinced that a scientific study would prove it's real. Enjoy!
^^This^^
Having driven my Leaf for a few years I will never own another ICE car.
After the Leaf will be the Model 3

I recently was able to watch a movie called 'Filmed in Supermarionation' (2014) which tells the tale of the creators of 'The THUNDERBIRDS' in documentary form. Highly recommended, as I'm certain many who remember the television shows are also Tesla Motors fans.

:)

Last edited by a moderator:
More leaks from a Tesla insider ... quoted from the TMC forums :cool:

Tesla Model 3 Rumors From - Unveiling Invites Sent Out For LA Reveal

Tesla Model 3 Unveiling Invites Sent Out For LA Reveal

2015-Audi-A4.jpg
2015 Audi A4

A Tesla Motors Club (TMC) forum member says that he recently spoke to a Tesla “insider” who revealed some new information on the upcoming Model 3.
We already know that the Model 3 will be priced at $35,000 before incentives and that its range will be over 200 miles, but this new “insider” info offers us some additional insight.
Here’s what was posted on TMC:
[Rumors] Spoke to an Insider Yesterday…
And he said the following:
-Model 3 looks very similar to Model S, just smaller and without luxury features like leather seats
-Cost saving is due to Gigafactory, smaller battery and economy features
-Possible release of smaller, stripped down Model X at same time (not sure if name is Model Y)

As for size, we learned earlier that the Model 3 is expected to be similar in overall dimensions to the Audi A4, which measures 15 feet in length, 6.6 feet in width, and 4.6 feet in height.As for the Model 3 debut itself, it is now confirmed for March 31st in Los Angeles, California. On that date, global orders will be taken at store locations worldwide, with online orders beginning the next day (April 1st, 2016).