Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking Forward to the Model 3 Debut

How excited are you about the debut?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
tumblr_lzp70gNvhA1qzewhao1_500.jpg

Can't say I'm not feeling bummed out about non-owners getting jumped in reservation priority by owners. Normally I wouldn't care in the least about early adopters getting priority, but this potentially affects whether a significant amount of people get access to the tax credit. Speaking for myself, if I end up not being able to get the tax credit, then there is no incentive for me whatsoever to order my Model 3 early. I'd rather just hold on to my money and save up to get exactly what I want, or just focus on other spending priorities. I'm sure plenty of others feel the same way.

Can't say I'm not feeling bummed out about non-owners getting jumped in reservation priority by owners. Normally I wouldn't care in the least about early adopters getting priority, but this potentially affects whether a significant amount of people get access to the tax credit. Speaking for myself, if I end up not being able to get the tax credit, then there is no incentive for me whatsoever to order my Model 3 early. I'd rather just hold on to my money and save up to get exactly what I want, or just focus on other spending priorities. I'm sure plenty of others feel the same way.

Same. I was dead set on getting it after my Prius lease was up in late 2018. I still will put my reservation down, but if I'm not in on the rebate... I might even do the 50%... I'll just keep saving until I have enough to buy one in 2021-2022

More likely, I Might even get a CPO after the first round of leases get traded back in if the quality is good on the first production run builds.

Yeah, I wonder if the whole "existing owners get reservation priority" has taken the wind out of everyone's sails. Yesterday there were a lot of people complaining about that, today folks are strangely silent.

Definitely disappointed over the decision to let owners get reservation priority, especially when I'm seeing a topic where owners are going to be making multiple reservations. While I couldn't care less about getting my Model 3 "first" like I'm seeing a lot of people complain about (or complaining about having had to wait x amount of years), I DO care about being able to take advantage of the EV tax credit. I've seen responses ranging from "you shouldn't feel entitled to it" to "go complain to your representative" to "don't take it out on current owners" to "don't blame Tesla". It's as if people aren't allowed to feel frustrated over potentially missing out on $7500. Frustration can be mutually exclusive to placing blame on somebody. So yeah, a bit of wind taken out of my sail....

BUT NOT ENOUGH TO STOP ME FROM BEING AT THE ORLANDO GALLERY ON THE MORNING OF THE 31ST!

Yeah, I wonder if the whole "existing owners get reservation priority" has taken the wind out of everyone's sails. Yesterday there were a lot of people complaining about that, today folks are strangely silent.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I tried to post a "14" and couldn't figure out how to get a picture from my computer onto this new set up.

You kids and your newfangled message boards...