Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lost FSD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So Yeah, after a few weeks of testing and various errors I lost accessI took A long trip and I believe it was because I started reporting every false brake activation. Since installation I kept getting Blue flash, Pay attention to the road, when I am looking right at it and a couple of cars turning right, being off the roadway and my car is still stopping, causing a back up behind me. So I would touch the accelerator and get red warning for the car off the roadway. I have had AP for 2 and a half years so I know how much input to put on wheel. I was in Jackson TN traffic I got the Red wheel of death with a notification FSD will be removed and restored in a later update. No appeals process or WTH did I do wrong? Hate I can no longer help the process but I do like the feel of AP better less braking. Anyone else have these issues?
Arnie

there's a bug with FSD where it gives up and gives you the red hands/wheel error, and then after that, you can't go back into AP or TACC. This is not FSD suspension at work. If you let the car sleep, FSD functionality will come back. Check out Rob Maurer's latest 10.6 drive and see if it's similar to what happened to him. His car got confused with the lane markings and disenaged instantly. Shortly after he put it back into FSD, it crapped out.

Happened to me on 10.5 as well.

there's a bug with FSD where it gives up and gives you the red hands/wheel error, and then after that, you can't go back into AP or TACC. This is not FSD suspension at work. If you let the car sleep, FSD functionality will come back. Check out Rob Maurer's latest 10.6 drive and see if it's similar to what happened to him. His car got confused with the lane markings and disenaged instantly. Shortly after he put it back into FSD, it crapped out.

Happened to me on 10.5 as well.

Yes but if you read OP's post this is not what he described.

Reactions: ChimpledPot
I was kicked out a week ago. No warning. No email. Just go the message that I was done. See attached image. I'm furious. I didn't realize I could turn off the FSD beta and use the car normally, which I would have done, using FSD *only* when I was prepared to *never* take my eyes off the road, not even to enter navigation locations, radio channel changes, etc. All I was doing was driving on an empty road and changing the radio station and A/C settings. I wish I had know how sensitive it was. I had barely used FSD. What a let down after 2.5 years of waiting and getting a 99 safety score after 30 days of being monitored.
Kicked-Out.jpeg

I was kicked out a week ago. No warning. No email. Just go the message that I was done. See attached image. I'm furious. I didn't realize I could turn off the FSD beta and use the car normally, which I would have done, using FSD *only* when I was prepared to *never* take my eyes off the road, not even to enter navigation locations, radio channel changes, etc. All I was doing was driving on an empty road and changing the radio station and A/C settings. I wish I had know how sensitive it was. I had barely used FSD. What a let down after 2.5 years of waiting and getting a 99 safety score after 30 days of being monitored.View attachment 741265
Getting beta and holding on to my 99 was such a PITA and now I'm worried about losing it due to some false positives as well. Sorry this happened to you and man, this whole thing has been surprisingly frustrating. The technology is so promising, but there's a lot that needs to be done by Tesla in cases like yours. :/

Reactions: ElectricIAC
I was kicked out a week ago. No warning. No email. Just go the message that I was done. See attached image. I'm furious. I didn't realize I could turn off the FSD beta and use the car normally, which I would have done, using FSD *only* when I was prepared to *never* take my eyes off the road, not even to enter navigation locations, radio channel changes, etc. All I was doing was driving on an empty road and changing the radio station and A/C settings. I wish I had know how sensitive it was. I had barely used FSD. What a let down after 2.5 years of waiting and getting a 99 safety score after 30 days of being monitored.View attachment 741265
I'm at two strikes. After the first one, I was paying HYPER attention to the road. I wasn't even looking at the Nav or radio or anything and still got a second strike. I have another thread about it here. I'm glad other people are experiencing this as well because at first, no one believed me. I've had my FSD switched off waiting to hear how 10.6 behaves but so far, it doesn't seem like there is any improvement. Hopefully, Elon will acknowledge the issue to some of the popular testers like Chuck Cook and we can get a resolution and people that were falsely suspended can get back in.

The cabin camera shouldn't be as sensitive as some people are reporting. I can look pretty much anywhere without getting dinged (like in the Rob Maurer vid). I've even tested looking out the side window (head fully turned to the left) while wife monitored ahead for safety. It took about 10 seconds for me to get the "pay attention" alert.

Seems like for a minority of cars, the cabin camera detections are way too intolerant. Not sure why that would be.

The cabin camera shouldn't be as sensitive as some people are reporting. I can look pretty much anywhere without getting dinged (like in the Rob Maurer vid). I've even tested looking out the side window (head fully turned to the left) while wife monitored ahead for safety. It took about 10 seconds for me to get the "pay attention" alert.

Seems like for a minority of cars, the cabin camera detections are way too intolerant. Not sure why that would be.
Yep, I'm with you. I have to try pretty hard to get a camera warning.

Reactions: lUtriaNt
Nags / AP jail does not have anything to do with how often you report issues to Tesla.

I don't think its the reporting that's the issue.

I think its the act of taking attention off the road to find the tiny report button, and to hit it. That distraction is causing the driver monitoring to flag the driver for not paying attention.

They need to get out of FSD before hitting the report. Or just forget about the whole reporting thing altogether.

Does anyone know if I will get it back anytime soon? I mean, will I have to wait for it to come out of Beta? I mean, that...will never happen!

This is an interesting problem.

FSD won't exit beta until its an autonomous driving system so that might never actually happen with HW3.

From a safety perspective as FSD improves it gets more dangerous, and not less dangerous. The reason for that is drivers will trust it more, and they'll stop treating it like its out to kill them.

So the need for a driver monitoring based system to disable FSD beta for people who abuse is needed more than it is now.

Personally I would go with a set time versus "some future update". It has to balance the need to give someone something they paid for while also preventing them from abusing it.

That being said the driver monitoring system itself is beta, and in a way this entire exercise is in beta. You're effectively in beta jail, and you should get out when that portion of the beta test is reset.

This is an interesting problem.

FSD won't exit beta until its an autonomous driving system so that might never actually happen with HW3.

From a safety perspective as FSD improves it gets more dangerous, and not less dangerous. The reason for that is drivers will trust it more, and they'll stop treating it like its out to kill them.

So the need for a driver monitoring based system to disable FSD beta for people who abuse is needed more than it is now.

Personally I would go with a set time versus "some future update". It has to balance the need to give someone something they paid for while also preventing them from abusing it.

That being said the driver monitoring system itself is beta, and in a way this entire exercise is in beta. You're effectively in beta jail, and you should get out when that portion of the beta test is reset.
I think a car (in early FSD beta) acting unpredictably is far more dangerous than a car where FSD is acting as intended.

I think the interesting question (for post beta) is how can Tesla deny you the use of a feature that you've paid for even if you've acted (in Tesla's estimation) irresponsibly?

Nags / AP jail does not have anything to do with how often you report issues to Tesla.
I have gotten warnings when I hit the FSD Video Report button for looking at the screen too long.
If you have several FSD bug video reports in a row you could get an FSD disengagement.
If you stop, re-engage FSD and start reporting bugs again, you could have strike 2, then strike 3.

If I do need to look at the screen, I keep clicking the left scroll wheel (volume) down and never get the nag.

For me, phantom braking errors happen one after another on certain stretches of road.
High beam errors also happen over and over again on certain roads at night.
Looking over to report the errors, could result in one FSD nag after another.

Last edited: