Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Love the remote Honk on the Tesla app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I’ve now decided one of the best features of the Tesla is the ability to honk the horn remotely using the app.

I realise this might sound ridiculous, but you need to understand the context.

My kids love sitting in my car playing Atari games, while I am going into various stores (drug, coffee, etc). So after about 10mins, I casually pull up the app, and press “Honk”....it scares them silly + everyone in the parking lot thinks there nuts...especially when you honk a few times.

Thanks Tesla for allowing me another fantastic bonding experience with my kids

I can never remember where I parked when I go to Costco so I use the remote horn feature to find my car.

I used to do that with my 2004 Mazda 3 by using the key fob button. Unfortunately, the Tesla key fob has no such button and my cell phone is not a smart phone. It's unfortunate that Tesla assumes that everyone has or will get a smart phone; I do not want one!

I used to do that with my 2004 Mazda 3 by using the key fob button. Unfortunately, the Tesla key fob has no such button and my cell phone is not a smart phone. It's unfortunate that Tesla assumes that everyone has or will get a smart phone; I do not want one!
They usually make those phones obsolete as technology grows and force you get a smartphone. In 5 years everyone will be on a 5G network, like China since 2016.

Fred

That is a pretty unusual combination to own a high tech Tesla and not have a smart phone. I don’t think there are lot of you out there. In fact, you might literally be the only one.

• Funny
Reactions: RobRain and ml0204

no smart phone, but you bought a smart phone on wheels? That’s interesting to me. You’re a unicorn.