Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@dgaultiere thanks for posting all your experiences with your Tsport springs, you've been extremely helpful! Mind sharing a bit more on about your overall ride exeperience with the Tsport compared to the stock springs? Did you have gen 1 or gen 2 stock springs btw?

Also I just bought 20x9 wheels for the M3 that I haven't installed yet, and i'm a little weary about the ride quality being too harsh as the car is actually my wife's daily driver at this point. So I'm hoping that whatever springs we go with will actually soften up the ride on a daily basis, without losing the sporty performance and handling when pushed a litle harder. More comfort to compensate for the bigher wheels, without losing performance would be nice. This is why I'm a little hesitant about pulling the trigger on springs until i can get more feedback.

Also curious about the difference in driving feel between the Tsport linear front and progressive rear spring design vs the UP Mild dual rate spring design. Would one be better than the other for a daily driver rolling on 20s?

Comfort-wise was leaning towards the UP mild dual rates but still waiting on pics (UP website has a few already) and reviews first. So anybody have thoughts or more reviews to share about the UP Mild springs?

Thanks all!

So someone just posted this on FB. Incase anyone else is thinking about buying the Eibachs.
View attachment 319876

Thanks to JohnC. I just called Eibach to take advantage of the expiring $269 pricing of their Pro-Kit springs and got a noon Monday install time. Labor is $400 with alignment (new "state of the art" alignment machine) and recommended bump-stop trimming. They said they had over 50 sets now in stock for the M3. I was wavering between TSportline and Eibach but after seeing the post here showing a TSportline equipped M3 measuring virtually the same as the 1.2" drop Eibach claims it came down to cost and trust in the established Eibach brand. I'll post "after" pictures (the "before" is in an earlier post in this thread) with a preliminary driving impression next week.

Reactions: Cricket88
Received my UP Moderate springs yesterday (sad that they sort of fell out of favor in this thread), and am excited to get them installed! Any folks in the SF Bay Area have a recommended installer? If so, how much did you pay? Would also be installing 15/20mm spacers at the same time (considering either Blox or Motorsport Tech). Thanks for your advice!

Im looking for final production photos, specifically on 19's. I guess ill have to wait until next week for more photos to pop up.
I guess I'm the guinea pig for Eibach production springs but I'm (mostly) confident they'll look and perform as well as the TSportline and UP mild (moderate is a bit too low for me). Note: The 19" Avant Garde rim's slightly more aggressive offset than the factory 19's combined with the 245/40 Conti tires made spacers unnecessary...I think. We'll find out on Monday.

You like?

197EDDE1-927B-47D9-B5DB-E4E431962C42.jpeg

Attachments

• 31FDB8C3-295D-41BE-9D14-43AFA6DE4B5D.jpeg
    31FDB8C3-295D-41BE-9D14-43AFA6DE4B5D.jpeg
    577.8 KB · Views: 83
Very bold finish choice...I'm a bit jealous! Avant Garde offers an insane number of custom finishes...for a price, of course. Did you go with the TSportline springs instead of UP? If so, have you measured the real world drop vs the claimed 1.0"? Curious if yours is closer to the 1.25" already reported but it looks just right with your 20's. I hope my 19's and Eibachs match up as well.

Very nice work! Looks great. What finish is that on your AG wheels?

Brushed Matte Antique Bronze

Very bold finish choice...I'm a bit jealous! Avant Garde offers an insane number of custom finishes...for a price, of course. Did you go with the TSportline springs instead of UP? If so, have you measured the real world drop vs the claimed 1.0"? Curious if yours is closer to the 1.25" already reported but it looks just right with your 20's. I hope my 19's and Eibachs match up as well.

Got the TSportline springs instead. UP took forever. Sorry never took previous measurements.

@Twincam23 What spacers are you using?

(Would be nice if you edited your picture above to include all the details we're discussing. I know this information is spread all over the place, but it's nice to look at it in one post, with all the context. Wheels/springs/spacers/tires.) Cheers.

@Twincam23 What spacers are you using?

(Would be nice if you edited your picture above to include all the details we're discussing. I know this information is spread all over the place, but it's nice to look at it in one post, with all the context. Wheels/springs/spacers/tires.) Cheers.

Sorry I just like posting updated pics after washing the car. I’ve posted those info before in previous threads. Here you go..

Avant Garde M590
20x8.5 245/35/20
20x10 275/30/20
No spacers
TSportline 1” lowering springs

Sorry I just like posting updated pics after washing the car. I’ve posted those info before in previous threads. Here you go..

Avant Garde M590
20x8.5 245/35/20
20x10 275/30/20
No spacers
TSportline 1” lowering springs

@Twincam23 your car looks on point! Love the antique bronze look, was strongly considering that color for our white M3 too, but wife was iffy on it.

So since you're running 20s with the Tsports, can you share how it feels ride quality-wise and handling wise compared to the aeros and stock springs? Just got 20x9 wheels and looking for best springs for a comfortable daily driver that still has good performance chops.

Also, any noticeable affect on range so far?

The feel is very close to the stock springs just a bit tighter. The TSportline springs are rated for comfort rather than performance.
More peepy off the line maybe due to better tires than the aero wheels.
Definitely a daily driver upgrade that won’t make you grind your teeth on every bump.
I haven’t really noticed a change in range either. I’m sure there’s an impact but very minimal.
Very happy with it.

Installed the Eibach springs this morning, job took about 4.5-5hrs including prep and cleanup. Was done with suspension in about 4hrs.

So Eibach quoting it to be a 4hr job was pretty accurate which included alignment too, so not too bad. Still gotta take the car in to get an alignment to make sure the toe is good so I don't cause any early wear on the tires.

The front went from 29 1/8in to 27 5/8in.

The back went from 28 1/2in to 27 1/16in.

The gap in the front is about one and a half finger and the back is just about 1 finger. So even with the Eibach springs the rear is just a bit lower than the front. As in the closeup pics to show how much of a gap is left, the wheels are 19x8.8/19x9.5 (F/R) VMR V801 (Anthracite Metalic) and the tires are 245/40-19 275/35-19.

IMG_1190.JPG
IMG_1182.JPG
IMG_1184.JPG