Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NA2l3l.jpg

NA2l3l.jpg

CnWc9w.jpg

dx2W1S.jpg

Glad I went with the T Sportline springs....just enough of a drop for me without the rear sag.

Nice ride @mact3333 !

How come the rear factory p3d brakes didn’t work ?

And what size and width are your wheels/ tires?

How come you went the route of AWD + paying for p3d brakes instead of just getting the p3d right away ?

The car is dropped 1 inch front and rears...the tires are 245/35/20 and 275/30/20...wheels are 20 x 8.5 and 20 x 10.0...weights are supposedly 24 and 25 lbs.

Long story but I bought the awd long range cause I got a good deal on a inventory car and I had a deposit on model Y performance...so I was only going to keep this car for 2 years and getting ultimately the model Y...but I like this car so much(much more than I thought I would) I decided to just keep this one hence the upgrades...tbh, I dont regret it cause if I bought the performance model I'd prob get new wheels and tires and springs so I'd be out another 5K anyway...while 0-60 3.2 s would be nice, my car seems plenty fast to me and Ive had some fast cars in the past.

As far as rear perf brakes, my installer talked to lead Tesla mobile repair guy and both showed concern that it wouldn't work due to ebrake not working and throwing codes(so software issue also)...I didnt quite understand it all myself...but installer didnt want to try it.

I am going to research this more cause I still have the perf rears sitting in garage and want to make it work since they were expensive.

The car is dropped 1 inch front and rears...the tires are 245/35/20 and 275/30/20...wheels are 20 x 8.5 and 20 x 10.0...weights are supposedly 24 and 25 lbs.

Long story but I bought the awd long range cause I got a good deal on a inventory car and I had a deposit on model Y performance...so I was only going to keep this car for 2 years and getting ultimately the model Y...but I like this car so much(much more than I thought I would) I decided to just keep this one hence the upgrades...tbh, I dont regret it cause if I bought the performance model I'd prob get new wheels and tires and springs so I'd be out another 5K anyway...while 0-60 3.2 s would be nice, my car seems plenty fast to me and Ive had some fast cars in the past.

As far as rear perf brakes, my installer talked to lead Tesla mobile repair guy and both showed concern that it wouldn't work due to ebrake not working and throwing codes(so software issue also)...I didnt quite understand it all myself...but installer didnt want to try it.

I am going to research this more cause I still have the perf rears sitting in garage and want to make it work since they were expensive.

I see.

Any software issues with the front brake change over ?

I see.

Any software issues with the front brake change over ?

Nope, the fronts went on without any issues so this can be done. Weird thing is this, I haven't found a single member on here that has swapped out the rears for perf. brakes...I find that odd...this also means that you couldn't upgrade rears with Brembo's or Stoptech or any other after market BBK's also.

I am sure a work around will be found one day.

Nope, the fronts went on without any issues so this can be done. Weird thing is this, I haven't found a single member on here that has swapped out the rears for perf. brakes...I find that odd...this also means that you couldn't upgrade rears with Brembo's or Stoptech or any other after market BBK's also.

I am sure a work around will be found one day.
Are you doing this for aesthetics?

Created a new post recently but didn't get any answer. I tought I'd get more feedcak from this thread.

Looking to lower my SR+. The Eibach spring seems like the better choice for me as I want slightly lower (approx. 1") and stiffer than stock.

I couln't find the SR+ application on the Eibach website, only the 2017-2018 long range application. The LR car being approx 200lb heavier, I suspect the Eibach LR spring may be too stiff and may not lower my SR+ the way I expect them to... (Eibach website specifies .75" lowering on the SR+ compared to 1 full inch on the LR).

Anyone has experience with the Eibach LR spings installed on an SR+ Model 3?

Hello Tesla Fam!

writing on here to share my experience with lowering my model 3.
Status: TESLA MODEL 3 LR RWD 18 inch aeros stock but currently sitting on 20 inch VFS-1 VOSSENS.
Specs: front 245/35/20 9.5 rear 275/35/20 10

i could not stand the gap space that was between the tire and fender so decided to lower.
i have it currently at signature customs in miami, fl. picking it up this afternoon.
only springs they had in stock was the LOW springs from UNPLUGGED so even though i wanted moderates i will have the lows installed.
i messaged many many many people on IG and these forums that have these springs and they stated that they barely if ever scrape just have to be careful when driving and definitly take caution.

does anyone have any experience with the lows that can help me back it up?

ALSO, range from switching to aftermarket 20's has affected my daily commute by an additional 20 miles so not bad. i commute 35 miles to work and 35 miles back and is mostly highway driving.
i also step on it and touch 100-140 daily on this highway.

if anyone is interested in buying my stock 18 inch rims please PM ME as well as the stock springs

any feedback will be much appreciated

Just lowered mine today with unplugged LOW springs and the ride is great! Really firm and no squeaks! I was shocked with the results, however the rear does look lower but the staff at unplugged said it’s the design and rear fenders from TESLA. I believe it’s for aerodynamic then if the rear fender is like designed like that...?

Reactions: ctapiam3