Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lowering the Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
881AD19D-830F-48A9-BC0B-198204D74538.jpeg

Absolutely massive difference. This is the first time the car has actually felt like it’s mine.

So an update, for anyone interested.

I have the unique experience of driving stock Teslas at least a couple times per week at work. Of course, 3/Y are the most common.

I have Eibach springs, an Unplugged rear sway bar, and 20” wheels with Pirelli P Zero Elect tires on my SR+. Ever since I started modding, the car has felt more and more go-kart like. I thought it was a small change, but the other day I realized what an absolute massive change it is.

The car rides about 20-30% firmer than stock. A stock Model 3 feels
like an absolute land yacht in comparison. I can’t believe how much smaller and more nimble the car is.

My last car was a BMW M240 with M Adaptive suspension, and I have zero doubt the Model 3 is a more capable chassis after some light modding.

Wow, that's pretty f-ing fantastic. So UPP comfort coilovers (is that the fixed or adjustable), and if you don't mind disclosing it, what is your wheel/tire spec (especially the offset, the stance is just perfect).

Yes Sir! Thank you

Its the non adjustable comfort coils from Mountain Pass Performance. (MPP)

Tires: DWS06+ 245/35/20
Wheels: BC forged HCS21 20x9 +28f 20x9 +18r

For the same fitment on a performance model, add 3mm of offset to compensate for thinner rotor hat, so +25/+15

Last edited:
Just installed Eibach lowering springs and Bloxsport spacers

I like how it’s sitting but hope it drops slightly more in the front once the springs fully settle

Spacers are 20 front 25 rear

Attachments

• B50DB5FF-0545-4C44-A665-17CF7BE03099.jpeg
    B50DB5FF-0545-4C44-A665-17CF7BE03099.jpeg
    839.7 KB · Views: 648
  • 2359C7D9-3E16-4B35-BF56-7BD32A777636.jpeg
    2359C7D9-3E16-4B35-BF56-7BD32A777636.jpeg
    834.4 KB · Views: 617
  • BAE523E4-0BAC-4BF8-80E7-FAE644C3BD26.jpeg
    BAE523E4-0BAC-4BF8-80E7-FAE644C3BD26.jpeg
    295.8 KB · Views: 571
Any reason why you went with square 9s instead of 9.5s or wider?
9" gives a nice gentle stretch on the 245s. Its enough tire that I don't loose any traction. Any wider and it will just be heavier with more rolling resistance. In all fairness I could have maybe done 8.5" with 235s and achieve the same results. There was no cost difference for the wheels. However, the 245 tires seemed to be easier to come by and cost a bit less, so I went this route.

9" gives a nice gentle stretch on the 245s. Its enough tire that I don't loose any traction. Any wider and it will just be heavier with more rolling resistance. In all fairness I could have maybe done 8.5" with 235s and achieve the same results. There was no cost difference for the wheels. However, the 245 tires seemed to be easier to come by and cost a bit less, so I went this route.
@Clun9 - also, note that a square setup allows you to rotate tires front to rear as well to help even out tire wear

@Clun9 - also, note that a square setup allows you to rotate tires front to rear as well to help even out tire wear
Right but being a not a mechanical AWD on the dual motor setups I always wanted to go staggered. On my SQ5 I'm running 295/40R20s on a 20x10.5 square of course and my S4, I am running a 255/35R19 19x10.

Understood. Although 235s on a 8.5 is already a stretch. Traditionally 245-255s are recommended on a 8.5 depending on tire brand as some run wider than others.

Right but being a not a mechanical AWD on the dual motor setups I always wanted to go staggered. On my SQ5 I'm running 295/40R20s on a 20x10.5 square of course and my S4, I am running a 255/35R19 19x10.

Understood. Although 235s on a 8.5 is already a stretch. Traditionally 245-255s are recommended on a 8.5 depending on tire brand as some run wider than others.
Why do you want to go staggered? square is better for handling on the model 3 as well.

Has everyone had adjustable camber arms fitted or is the incident in the video due to something else? My model 3 is lowered with eibach springs and with the 18' wheels I have no problems. I am planning 20' wheels next summer but want to avoid the following.
Any thoughts?

Has everyone had adjustable camber arms fitted or is the incident in the video due to something else? My model 3 is lowered with eibach springs and with the 18' wheels I have no problems. I am planning 20' wheels next summer but want to avoid the following.
Any thoughts?
The tire wear in the video was caused by having significant toe-out, not camber.

Any SR+ owners out there with Eibach?

I have some brand new ones with the most updated part numbers. The front is totally silent, but the rears are squeaking every once in a while. Not bad - 1/10 noises. You have to listen for them. Just wondering if it’s expected?

they were installed at a tesla shop that does suspensions all day, so I don’t think it was installer error.
Question for you did your noises wind up going away?

Any thoughts?

For peace of mind you should just get a camber kit anyways, even an inexpensive one is better than none.

I installed Eibach springs on my 2019 SR+ over the weekend. I used the tutorial Ian and Trevor put together on YouTube (see below). It went really smooth. I used their recommendation of grinding down a 13mm deep socket to unbolt the strut top hats. Also, since my car is RWD, I didn't have to unbolt the upper control arm from the knuckle. Took about 6 hours. The ride height is perfect now. A nice even fender gap all around. Will get some pics once I wash and align it.

I installed Eibach springs on my 2019 SR+ over the weekend. I used the tutorial Ian and Trevor put together on YouTube (see below). It went really smooth. I used their recommendation of grinding down a 13mm deep socket to unbolt the strut top hats. Also, since my car is RWD, I didn't have to unbolt the upper control arm from the knuckle. Took about 6 hours. The ride height is perfect now. A nice even fender gap all around. Will get some pics once I wash and align it.

Alignment is done. Front ended up at 1.3 degrees with these springs, which is about equivalent to the rear. The ride is pretty good. Feels stock until you hit big dips, at which point you can notice the reduced travel.

AWD rear sway bar going on soon.