Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR AWD owners or awaiting delivery, what tipped you towards your choice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought AWD for the extra performance.

Additionally, the earlier productions of Model 3s, which are especially abundant in California, were delivered without any badges so it's very possible many are AWDs in disguise.

Reactions: mswlogo
Yep. From everything I've read, the AWD is closer to 4.2 to 60 than the advertised 4.5. It is a rocket compared to every other car I've owned, and it approaches my sportbike.

I would bet that most people, in a blind taste test, would not be able to tell the 4.2 of the AWD and the 3.6 of the P apart.

Yep. From everything I've read, the AWD is closer to 4.2 to 60 than the advertised 4.5. It is a rocket compared to every other car I've owned, and it approaches my sportbike.

I would bet that most people, in a blind taste test, would not be able to tell the 4.2 of the AWD and the 3.6 of the P apart.

P is 3.2. I bet anyone would notice the difference. But I agree AWD is plenty fast enough.

After driving in a non AWD version, I felt a different in the way it gripped the road (and yes, obviously tires can make a difference). That and the longer range, which gives me more options for work related trips, made all the difference.

We get some rough conditions in winter from time to time.. mountain roads etc. But honestly it was mostly performance. My last 2 cars were Audi S4’s and on paper they have similar performance numbers, but they felt slow compared to the AWD model 3. It’s just a different experience. I’m sure I’m biased because I just picked my car up last week, but it is just crazy quick... I can’t imagine what a full second quicker to 60 in the P3D must be like.

Reactions: DirtyT3sla
Nor Cal here--have a series of S curves on route from home to work. AWD handles them beautifully rain or shine. Shaved 2 minutes off time to destination compared to my BMW 5-series. I am also not speeding just more confident in this car.

I’m in NJ, and wanted AWD for winter traction. It’s likely overkill, as a) traction in the RWD is excellent; and b) I work from home so drive very, very rarely in the snow. But I figured I’d rather spend a few bucks and have no regrets.

P3D is unnecessary for me. I don’t track or race or anything; just a daily driver.