Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

LR with Boost vs. P - “Feel” Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Everyone is dissing chill mode, but it isn't that horrible. Sure, it's a dog on the low end, but not terrible mid range, let's say around 40 mph if you jam the accelerator.

Of course sport mode puts it to absolute shame, but even on chill mode, my son (who is admittedly not a speed freak) said "whoa" after I floored it at about 40mph on our trip home after picking up the car.

So yeah, low end it's maybe a 4 banger, but mid range is more like a non-turbo v6...

Yikes. I can’t believe a person would pay 8K for performance option and not get the added features. That’s nuts. If you don’t want the larger wheel and tires sell them to offset the upgrade cost

When the P3D- originally was orderable in 2018, it was $11,000 more than LR AWD.

8k is a bargain :)

(the P3D+ was $16,000 more at the time)

Yikes. I can’t believe a person would pay 8K for performance option and not get the added features. That’s nuts. If you don’t want the larger wheel and tires sell them to offset the upgrade cost

Wait what? Buy the "+" to mostly convert it to a "-" (tire and wheel swap) to get the "added benefits" cosmetic features of spoiler, pedal pads, and painted calipers.... meh... seems a lot easier just to buy the "-" in the first place.

• Disagree
Reactions: BlindPass
Sorry... maybe I wasn’t clear.
now they offer model 3 performance for 8K with extra features or without. Why pay 8K and not get the extra features and if you want 18in wheels and tires swap or sell the 20in wheels and tires. Wouldn’t you want the better brakes, spoiler and brake/gas pedal upgrades?

• Informative
Reactions: Arctic_White
Sorry... maybe I wasn’t clear.
now they offer model 3 performance for 8K with extra features or without. Why pay 8K and not get the extra features and if you want 18in wheels and tires swap or sell the 20in wheels and tires. Wouldn’t you want the better brakes, spoiler and brake/gas pedal upgrades?

Also the P is lowered a bit. And living in my state, I need every fraction of an inch I can get. That would have to be undone too. Adds to the cost of unupgrading the car.

Reactions: nealh