Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Lucid (Atieva) reveal is December 14th. I'll be there, let you know afterwards.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This photo makes it appear even larger than the Model S, but I realize photos can be deceiving. The wheelbase looks longer, but again, there is no reference. It's just a shape.

Looking forward to hearing about it!

lucid-motors-atvus.jpg

Reactions: anticitizen13.7
Anyone notice the interior pic of that alpha prototype has Model S interior door handles? Wonder how those made their way in there :)

I spoke with an engineer from brembo earlier this week. Brembo is doing the brakes for both the model 3 and lucid. She said both designs were almost exactly identical. I wonder what else they copied from Tesla

Huh? Opposite of Ludicrous? Ok English is not my native language but is this even 'almost' true?
Not exactly antonyms, but (emphasis mine):

Ludicrous
1. so foolish, unreasonable, or out of place as to be amusing; ridiculous.
"it's ludicrous that I have been fined"
synonyms:
absurd, ridiculous, farcical, laughable, risible, preposterous, foolish, mad, insane, idiotic, stupid, inane, silly, asinine, nonsensical; informal crazy
"a ludicrous idea"

Lucid
1. a : suffused with light : luminous
b : translucent <snorkeling in the lucid sea>
2. : having full use of one's faculties : sane
3. : clear to the understanding : intelligible

Tesla uses terms such as "insane" and "ludicrous" in reference to their cars, which basically appeal to one's emotions rather than logic. While we know nothing about their cars yet, the name "Lucid" implies clear-headed and logical thinking as the focus of their corporate DNA.

When I first heard of the name change to Lucid, I immediately thought it was a sly dig at Tesla and its use of playful terms to define some of their cars' signature attributes. The "insane/ludicrous" Tesla is subject to the whims of its mercurial CEO; it is a shooting star that burns brightly, but will soon fizzle out. The "lucid" car company may lack the glitter, but will be logical, methodical and dependable over the long-haul. They're the anti-Tesla EV company. I'm not claiming this is the actual reason they picked that name, but that's my impression when I read of that selection.

Last edited:
Tesla uses terms such as "insane" and "ludicrous" in reference to their cars, which basically appeal to one's emotions rather than logic. While we know nothing about their cars yet, the name "Lucid" implies clear-headed and logical thinking as the focus of their corporate DNA.

When I first heard of the name change to Lucid, I immediately thought it was a sly dig at Tesla and its use of playful terms to define some of their cars' signature attributes. The "insane/ludicrous" Tesla is subject to the whims of its mercurial CEO; it is a shooting star that burns brightly, but will soon fizzle out. The "lucid" car company may lack the glitter, but will be logical, methodical and dependable over the long-haul. The anti-Tesla EV company.

And yet Lucid has decided to reproduce so many Tesla stuffs, it's almost comical. At least they understand, 'If you can't beat 'em, join 'em' - or if you'd rather; copy the crap out of them. ;)

This sounds cold sore medicine ...
61aaM-4XHmL._SY355_.jpg

Gross. Lucid is a much better name although it reminds me of the lucid dream masks they've been selling for decades claiming it'll help make you aware when you are dreaming.
Novadreamer.jpeg

Hopefully we find out tomorrow that Lucid is more than just a dream. If Tesla gets real competition then it benefits everyone.

It can't possibly be as disappointing as Faraday Future's batmobile so at least there's that.

I spoke with an engineer from brembo earlier this week. Brembo is doing the brakes for both the model 3 and lucid. She said both designs were almost exactly identical. I wonder what else they copied from Tesla
MANY cars with Brembos use the same brakes. When we were determining fitment for Carbotech pads for Model S we learned that it uses a very common Brembo caliper. (I'm going off memory here so apologize if the list isn't perfect) Corvette, Cadillac CTS-V, Jaguar F-type, Model S, and others I'm sure all use the EXACT same Brembo brakes. So there's nothing nefarious about Lucid and Model 3 having the same brakes - they appear to be of the same size and performance so it would make sense that their braking systems would be similar.

• Informative
Reactions: Dtzyt7