Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Service ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a service appointment scheduled next week & got the text message below today. What is Ludicrous Service?

Thank you

———

Hello, this is the Tesla mobile service team. Your vehicle qualifies for Ludicrous Service! Reply Yes to be added to the Luda List, and our team will contact you if there is an earlier appointment available in your area! There is no fee associated with Ludicrous service. Reply No and we'll see you at your scheduled appointment!

• Funny
Reactions: Watts_Up
Sounds like an opt in to a waiting list to get in am earlier appointment slot as they become available. For example, if someone cancels their appointment, you get that spot that opens up.

If you made your plans around the appointment you already have, then the wait list might not be for you.

• Informative
Reactions: calidreamz808
Fast-Five-Tej-the-fast-and-the-furious-movies-21075358-800-558.jpg

My curiosity got the best of me... I replied YES to Ludicrous Service. I would like a sooner appointment. My appointment got moved to a day/time that I am unavailable. I have no way to decline and return to my original appointment... poof...it just moved. Yea, that is Ludicrous.

So, Ludicrous Service is a method to move your appointment to some random date/time in which you cannot accept or decline. I now know that Ludicrous is an appropriate name for this service. Ludicrous: so foolish, unreasonable, or out of place as to be amusing; ridiculous.

It also will be Ludicrous when the technician shows up and I'm not here.

It gets better... just texted that my appointment is now the 20th with zero intervention on my part.... still Ludicrous.

I had spent a better part of an August weekend trying to get a service appointment from Tesla for a time and date of my choosing. The app kept screwing with me, either making desired days unavailable, or insisting on mobile service for a time slot I could absolutely not make work (and offering no alternatives), or hiding the service center nearest to me.

I gave up, went to the nearest service center at the time of my choosing, imposed myself onto them, and got the work done.
Totally inefficient and annoying, but totally Tesla.

Good luck!

a

I scheduled a mobile service appointment. Three times, Tesla rescheduled it with no consultation, just a notice that "Your Mobile Service Appointment is scheduled (insert new date here). Then the appointment disappeared from the app.
Scheduled a new appointment, answered theit requests for more information. Here we are an hour after the appointment this morning. No response whatsoever. Appointment has disappeared from app.
No way to contact them other than a text message limited phone number which is ignored.
Anyone else have a similar experience?

I scheduled a mobile service appointment. Three times, Tesla rescheduled it with no consultation, just a notice that "Your Mobile Service Appointment is scheduled (insert new date here). Then the appointment disappeared from the app.
Scheduled a new appointment, answered theit requests for more information. Here we are an hour after the appointment this morning. No response whatsoever. Appointment has disappeared from app.
No way to contact them other than a text message limited phone number which is ignored.
Anyone else have a similar experience?
I've had appointments rescheduled but always got an explanation. "Parts not in yet" is I think the only reason I've seen? Also always got along with the notice, paraphrased because I forget the exact wording, "If this new time doesn't work for you go ahead and change it via your App to a new one that does."

Never have I had an appointment canceled. Nor a reschedule without notice.

Maybe they're emailing you instead of texting and they've got a bad email for you or your Junk filter is diverting their notices?

Thanks for the reply...
As it happened, two hours later, I get a call, the guy is sitting out back in his Model S
Service Vehicle. Showed me his appointment list, and sure enough, there I was, 0800-1000.
Problem is, he showed up at 12:45, no notice, no nothing.
Said it "suddenly appeared" on his appointment list, with a phone call he got telling him to get over her Code 3.
Nice guy, proceeded to check out both cars, made some "firmware changes" for stuff I had not mentioned.
Then told me that he had "never heard of any Tesla making noise (Pedestrian Warning System) when in forward motion, that the "obstruction warnings" the driver gets inside the car was now working properly.
Then he fessed up that the scheduling system was rife with errors, and I was not the first case. Probably the most vocal, however.
Sooo...
He "fixed" some things I didn't know were not working, and didn't address my original complaint.
I love my Model 3s, but the support system needs work.
And I just got a reply to my email...
"Thank you for contacting Tesla. This email address is no longer monitored.
([email protected])
Visit our Support Site to learn more about our products or services or to find answers to commonly asked questions. If you can’t find what you are looking for, contact us to ask a question. You will need to log into your Tesla Account to ask a question — this is so we know who we’re speaking to and can help you quicker."

And now to quote a famous Warner Bros. Ringnecked Woowoo: "It is to laugh!"...

I've had appointments rescheduled but always got an explanation. "Parts not in yet" is I think the only reason I've seen? Also always got along with the notice, paraphrased because I forget the exact wording, "If this new time doesn't work for you go ahead and change it via your App to a new one that does."

Never have I had an appointment canceled. Nor a reschedule without notice.

Maybe they're emailing you instead of texting and they've got a bad email for you or your Junk filter is diverting their notices?

FWIW I had a mobile appointment scheduled for 8:30 AM on a Friday....then 2 things happened:

1) The night before I got a text confirming date/time, not automated, as they replied to a question I had about the no-touch aspect of the visit.

2) Day of appointment, 8:05 AM I get a call from the tech who says he's in another city partway across the state with a full day of work on his schedule to do, so he's going to have to push me out a week.

No explanation for how the actual tech and the people who schedule the techs apparently don't talk to each other or have access to the same internal scheduling system because both of the above things should not be possible.

Oh and as it turned out when I actually checked in the app- he'd pushed me out two weeks.

He did finally show up this morning- he was polite, professional, did a fine job.

But Tesla continues to be utterly incompetent at logistics as a company.

RELATED STORY- I've also had 3 FSD computer upgrade appointments cancelled basically monthly since like early march now for no HW in stock... I asked him about it... he said there was some delay from the Asian plant that makes em being closed- and then they DID get a shipment... but they turned out to be HW2.5 for some reason- that they had no use for- and they're still waiting on HW3 parts to show up with no ETA.

Did I mention Tesla is utterly incompetent at logistics as a company?