Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ludicrous Upgrade Scheduling?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
LOL! that is indeed her last name. Definitely not evil, she is very sweet! Though not the most knowlegeable, unfortunately for us.

Thanks for initiating the email to Andrew. Looking forward to his response.

Hey Marc,

So, Andrew followed up today. He asked me to send an email to [email protected] to indicate the preferred service center change for the upgrade. I did so.

That apart, Andrew did indicate that there's a temporary hold on Ludicrous upgrades till mid-June :( (not sure if that's Bay Area-only or not though) in order that many of the local techs can go to Fremont and help with the Model X ramp up and deliveries for the next couple of months.

Hey Marc,

So, Andrew followed up today. He asked me to send an email to [email protected] to indicate the preferred service center change for the upgrade. I did so.

That apart, Andrew did indicate that there's a temporary hold on Ludicrous upgrades till mid-June :( (not sure if that's Bay Area-only or not though) in order that many of the local techs can go to Fremont and help with the Model X ramp up and deliveries for the next couple of months.

Thanks for the update GG. Karl told me more or less the same thing about replying to the email I got confirming my Ludicrous order, except mine came from [email protected]

Interesting that there's a temporary hold on the upgrades, that's a bummer! Karl did mention that it will be "a two to three month wait to have it performed here in Burlingame" so I haven't made the change yet, but he did not mention anything about a hold...

I just got off the phone with Oscar at the Fremont service center, and he did not know anything about a hold either. According to him, they're still doing a few per week and I'm apparently 63rd on the list now (was 71st about a month ago).

GG, did you find out from Andrew how many people are currently on the waitlist at Burlingame? I asked Karl by email but he hasn't responded yet.

Temporary hold sure sounds like an unforeseen issue has been uncovered with the upgrade. I guess it's better not to be the Guinea pig on this process. Especially 300 miles away from the SC.

It sounds like there are two separate issues relating to the "hold."

The first, which may be resolved now, was an overall, national (or international) hold which appears to have been pretty short-lived, and which ended when the new bolts became available. These new bolts may or may not be being retrofitted into all the cars that have already received the update, but there is at least one report here of someone who has had the new bolts added well after the initial update was completed.

The second "hold" may apply only to service centers in the Bay area, and may be in place only so that the service techs can help with X launch issues instead of working on P85D Ludicrous updates.

Do you guys get the sense that they are really in no rush with these upgrades and maybe if they wait long enough people will start cancelling? Seems like there are way easier ways for them to make money than on these upgrades, and if they aren't making money (because of length of install, etc), then where's the motivation to roll through these?

Say what????

January???

I put mine down shortly after the offering showed up on the site.

I was told by them, a few weeks back, that they had done more than one, because I wondered why I had not heard anything yet. I don't recall the exact number, but it was definitely more than one because it gave me optimism that things were moving along there.

Not surprised regarding the inconsistent communication. I'm under the impression that the parts just show up without any warning. I had a conversation in the morning with the SvC with no indication that the parts were on the way. By early afternoon, I was told a FedEx package had arrived with my parts in it. Not sure why my January reservation was bumped ahead of you.

Not surprised regarding the inconsistent communication. I'm under the impression that the parts just show up without any warning. I had a conversation in the morning with the SvC with no indication that the parts were on the way. By early afternoon, I was told a FedEx package had arrived with my parts in it. Not sure why my January reservation was bumped ahead of you.

I wonder if VIN might have something to do with it.

My VIN is much later than yours.

Well, I just got an answer back from Karl at Burlingame. He said there's about a dozen people on the waitlist there, but they aren't starting to do them until mid-April, which doesn't correlate with what Andrew told you... both of which conflict with what davidw wrote up-thread!

Actually, I'm scheduled for March 7th at Burlingame - so worth a shot.

The plot thickens...

Thanks for the update GG. Karl told me more or less the same thing about replying to the email I got confirming my Ludicrous order, except mine came from [email protected]

Interesting that there's a temporary hold on the upgrades, that's a bummer! Karl did mention that it will be "a two to three month wait to have it performed here in Burlingame" so I haven't made the change yet, but he did not mention anything about a hold...

I just got off the phone with Oscar at the Fremont service center, and he did not know anything about a hold either. According to him, they're still doing a few per week and I'm apparently 63rd on the list now (was 71st about a month ago).

GG, did you find out from Andrew how many people are currently on the waitlist at Burlingame? I asked Karl by email but he hasn't responded yet.

Be happy that you're being told where you are on the list! I was told 3rd in Rockville, and now radio silence.

Hey Marc,

I just had an email exchange with onlineorders@ about switching locations and they told me I had to go through both SCs to make the change.

It's sorta like a Ludicrous Upgade Black Hole. Welcome back!

I have some resolution today. Mt Kisco told me to get in touch with Paramus as they forwarded my confirmation. I called and got a woman at service who seemed a bit peeved "we have your info, we will call you in the next week or two to set something up" of course she didn't address why they they told me to contact Mt Kisco in the first place setting up this whole clusterf**k. Ok, will wait for a couple weeks

It's sorta like a Ludicrous Upgade Black Hole. Welcome back!

It is! I've been in many black holes. I would say you should all stay away from me, but my gravitational pull is too strong.

1. 2013 P85 MC red delay combined with adding third row delayed me, which worked in my favor because it turned into one the first P85+'s, but wow was that a painful 4-5 months.

2. Dec 2014 P85D blackhole

3. FbR/SigX blackhole

4. Ludhole

Last edited: